Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags for Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Newgene
Do you know off-hand if you can change the mounting without destroying the bag if you change your exhaust? For now, I have the stock exhaust, and I would set them at one height. But when I change the exhaust to a lower style (V&H staggered), I probably will want to move them lower...maybe.
Yes you can move the EZ Brackets to raise or lower the bags on your bike. You will just have three exrta bolt holes in the back of the bags. They can be easily pluged or you could slip a sheet of plastic inside the bag to double up the back. On the Osprey site he gives directions how to stiffen up old bag (Like the heritage Bags that sag) without buying a kit from GotSaggyBags and where to buy the sheet plastic.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Newgene
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Xaran, I bugged David pretty good and finally settled on the Road Hog bags. He said I can mount them without moving the turn signals. as well. I only have a solo seat. So, he said I can just have them sit forward slightly into where the passenger's legs would normally go. This gives me a bag that is 20.5"x13"x7". They are only 1.5" longer. So, if I needed to tote a passenger in a pinch, I'm sure I could. I should be able to fit a bunch of things in there, and I can take them off when I want to cruise with the stock look.

It was $500 even for the plain with black piping, and he is doing the padlocks hidden for me. He said about a week and he'll ship em out. Thanks for all the advice.

I'll get some picks up when I finally get them and get them on.