Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy GPS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009 | 02:13 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorkman
Now that is a nice setup! I also like the way the chrome toppers clean up the Allen heads and the fork tubes. Lookin good.
Thanks!
I wanted to keep my bike looking clean and didn't want a bunch of stuff all over the handlebars. That was one of the reasons I went with the Fatboy.
The power cord tucks nicely in with the rest of the stuff going down from the headlight, and without my GPS on the bike, the only thing you see is the Ram Mount, which still looks great because it's shiny and small, but still solid.

Attached Thumbnails Where to buy GPS?-img_0357.jpg   Where to buy GPS?-img_0358.jpg   Where to buy GPS?-img_0359.jpg   Where to buy GPS?-img_0367.jpg   Where to buy GPS?-img_0368.jpg  

Old 05-28-2009 | 02:33 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
Thanks!
I wanted to keep my bike looking clean and didn't want a bunch of stuff all over the handlebars. That was one of the reasons I went with the Fatboy.
The power cord tucks nicely in with the rest of the stuff going down from the headlight, and without my GPS on the bike, the only thing you see is the Ram Mount, which still looks great because it's shiny and small, but still solid.
That is nice. I do not see a power supply when its off the bike. Do you tuck the wire or do you have an aux plug that you use to power up?

Last edited by BigSeaDaddy; 05-28-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2009 | 03:03 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigSeaDaddy
That is nice. I do not see a power supply when its off the bike. Do you tuck the wire or do you have an aux plug that you use to power up?
I hardwired a power cord to my ignition and when the GPS is not on the bike, I just tuck the connector end (that goes to my GPS cradle) down into the wires coming from the handlebars and then go together with the wires from the headlight. It neatly tucks away and doesn't look like there's any added wire.

Old 05-28-2009 | 04:05 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Morphius
What is A2DP?
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile....definition protocol to transfer uni-directional 2 channel stereo audio.

The 660 is not as big as you think...it's the same form factor as any of the widescreen Nuvi line. Please do hit the Zumo forums first...there's been a few bugs with them...they just came out last month.

Old 05-28-2009 | 06:34 PM
Morphius
|
Intermediate

I hardwired a power cord to my ignition and when the GPS is not on the bike, I just tuck the connector end (that goes to my GPS cradle) down into the wires coming from the handlebars and then go together with the wires from the headlight. It neatly tucks away and doesn't look like there's any added wire.
Man that is a nice setup. I wish I could see it in person, so I can have someone set it up for me that way. This is AWESOME

Old 05-28-2009 | 06:40 PM
Morphius
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile....definition protocol to transfer uni-directional 2 channel stereo audio.

The 660 is not as big as you think...it's the same form factor as any of the widescreen Nuvi line. Please do hit the Zumo forums first...there's been a few bugs with them...they just came out last month.
Thanks for all the information you gave me.

Old 05-28-2009 | 08:12 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

tom tom rider II includes the ram mount

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7958661

Old 05-28-2009 | 10:18 PM
Morphius
|
Intermediate

What will be a good CLEAN mount for a Fatboy for the Zumo 660? And where can I get it install?
I like to have something within the setup that ngoti8tor did. I like it super clean!!!!

Old 05-28-2009 | 10:25 PM
Morphius
|
Intermediate

If you want a clean install with no bulk, check out the ram mount I bought on eBay for my Garmin nuvi 760.
Can you show me a link to this ram mount? I cannot find any.

Old 05-28-2009 | 11:02 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Morphius
Can you show me a link to this ram mount? I cannot find any.
I'll give you the link, otherwise you will not be able to find it on eBay doing a search. I accidentally came across it after doing a search that seemed like it lasted a year.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Motorcyc...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Just look for the mounts that say they fit your brand of GPS, then choose your handlebar size. There's a way to check and measure so that you won't order the wrong size. Just look at the site once you choose the style and size that you think it is, and it'll tell you how to measure. The guy was great to deal with.

Quick Reply: Where to buy GPS?