Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker 08 with seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:13 PM
sammysRocker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker 08 with seat issue

Hi Guys,

been riding my rocker for many months now , well as often as is possible in London and i have come up with the same seat issue that everyone seems to be having....as i accelerate it wants to slide me off and its quite uncomfortable long distance.

So i have decided to get the standard rocker seat and my local HD dealer have suggested that they can get some custom work done to make it even lower and more comfortable then the standard seat.....all sounds good.

i have the part numbers for the seat and the seat support bracket but i need the part numbers for the black rocker frame caps....anyone have any ideas where i can get these from ?

hope your all riding hard and well.

Sammy

Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sammysRocker
Hi Guys,

been riding my rocker for many months now , well as often as is possible in London and i have come up with the same seat issue that everyone seems to be having....as i accelerate it wants to slide me off and its quite uncomfortable long distance.

So i have decided to get the standard rocker seat and my local HD dealer have suggested that they can get some custom work done to make it even lower and more comfortable then the standard seat.....all sounds good.

i have the part numbers for the seat and the seat support bracket but i need the part numbers for the black rocker frame caps....anyone have any ideas where i can get these from ?

Sammy
I feel your pain, I almost got rid of my bike when I got it I hated it so much, The standard seat does make a difference but I had one like the Danny Gray seat made that sat me a little forward as well as way down in the saddle, huge difference!!!!!!!

Cheers, Dan

Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sammysRocker
Hi Guys,

Sammy
You can get the frame caps from SpeedSupplies and the part numbers for the Vivid Black is 71695-08.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The frame caps are great if you don't plan on removing them often. The mounting tabs are cheap brittle plastic and break easily. I know because mine broke already. If I was going to ride solo and never use the luggage rack I'd buy them. But since I change the seating options frequently, I feel like I wasted my money. Frame colored bolts would be cheaper and more durable.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
sammysRocker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys.....

I will try the standard seat customised...and then if that doesnt do the job i will go for the Danny Gray....

your advice is always appreciated.

ride safe.

Sammy

Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruralmed
The frame caps are great if you don't plan on removing them often. The mounting tabs are cheap brittle plastic and break easily. I know because mine broke already. If I was going to ride solo and never use the luggage rack I'd buy them. But since I change the seating options frequently, I feel like I wasted my money. Frame colored bolts would be cheaper and more durable.
yeah dude, i feel the same way. i bought the danny gray seat and i also kept the stock seat with the passenger set up (for those strange times i give someone a ride). I bought the frame caps and didn't realize how cheap they are. i feel like i wasted my dough as well.