Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm back.... where I started

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009 | 01:05 AM
PaleRearEnd
|
Banned
Default I'm back.... where I started

Well in the last year I've went through 3 bikes..

00 Deuce - (carbed) liked it but dwarfed it, plus I got laughed at by all my "old school" biker buddies (buttholes!! hahahaha) I did like it could never really make it mine..had it for 2 months

05 Wide Glide - (carbed) this was in the stable the longest at 8 months. I rode a Road Glide and was was totally wow'ed by it, so i sold the wideglide and bought an 09 Road Glide.

09 Road Glide - I loved it, loved everything about it except for the weight of it. I had a thread in the touring section about my foot. Bad car wreck 1990 pinned my rt foot between the brake pedal and the floorborad, they had to cut teh brake pedal off to get me out of the car. Almost lost the foot but 4-5 operations later I still have it... barely. Only problem I had with the RG was the extra 200lbs, walking it in and out of the garage, backing up into parking spaces, walking on slopes... it killed my foot something bad. The touring guys said I should get training wheels or turn it into a trike. I'm not even 40 yet so uh... no. hahahahaa. Had it for 2 months, sold it just too much for the foot.

I almost bought a Hayabusa to be honest, I logged 44 or 66k on my 87 ninja, I miss going very very very fast. 140 was where it was at with me back then.

So I took a week to think about the pros and cons of all the bikes i've owned, Harley and Metric. What I liked...

Deuce and WG - Carbs over EFI - Carbs I can work on, ecm stuff only on cars, I love to work on my own stuff, I have my tools sitting in my garage from when I was an ase certied master auotmotive tech..

Deuce - The balanced engine 88B - love it, the wide glide would vibrate me feet right off the pegs when I was hard into the throttle..

Deuce - Oil bag - it just looks cool hahaha

Deuce - softail lines love it.

Wide glide - had stock mini apes, loved em

Road Glide - bags, windshield, big front tire (Deuce and WG had the 21" skinny rut follower)

so I had the chance to start all over again and pic what I liked about all the bikes.... this is what I chose...

2002 Softail Heritage

2300 miles

Carb

Bags, windshield

Big front tire

softail lines

FL Fenders

so there ya go..lol

Old 05-26-2009 | 01:08 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Nice choice. I like the colors too...

Old 05-26-2009 | 02:13 AM
Teppo
Advanced

You'll love it. I have had Sporties, FXRs, Dynas, Tourings, V-Rods and a few metric bikes. But the bike, that touched me most, is my current Fat Boy, the last with the small wheels build in 2005. It is pure Harley feeling, non nonsens, perfect for cruising with a very good handling. Best of all worlds. (yes, it runs 180 Km/h....)

Old 05-26-2009 | 04:33 AM
Bee_Kate
Advanced

I am curious...What is the running weight of the Road Glide? I am still wishing big for one, but now with the mods to my Deluxe, I will wait and see what they turn the Road Glide into, if anything, since it is coming out of production.

Got my front tire hooked over a lip of a driveway yesterday while backing it into the street. I was alone...it too me about 8 tries to rock it over...finally did it when I got made and started swearing. If I had an achy foot it would have aggravated it! It was the first time I have noticed the extra weight of the fairing, bags and trunk. I would love to get this baby on a scale to find how fat she's gotten.

Hope the Heritage works for you!

Last edited by Bee_Kate; 05-26-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: to make the picture smaller
Old 05-26-2009 | 07:28 AM
oct1949
Club Member

nice rides and great color,

Old 05-26-2009 | 07:39 AM
chop09
Tourer

Hard to argue with that choice...good luck

Old 05-26-2009 | 09:02 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Good choice. I think you'll be very happy with it.

Old 05-26-2009 | 10:52 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

welcome back!

Old 05-26-2009 | 12:44 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

Great choice...I had an '02 Heritage myself...loved it

Old 05-26-2009 | 05:42 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I had 4 Harleys in 2 years. I never could get the right one.
Well, until the Cross Bones!

Congrats!

Quick Reply: I'm back.... where I started