Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding a Cross Bones from the ground up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009 | 07:49 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

If they don't total it, they will probably want a legit shop to rebuild it. If the fram needs to be replaced, Harley won't give the dealer a new one untill the dealer cuts the neck off of your old frame and sends it to them with the serial numbers on it. If it is totaled, the insurance company will cut you a check for the value of the bike but then the bike will belong to them, you can contact them and find out how much they want for the bike, but it won't have a title at that point anymore. In Ohio if you re-build a totaled bike/ car or whatever. You have to have it inspected when you are done before you can get the registration to get plates. If you pass the inspection you get the salvage title.

Old 05-23-2009 | 08:04 AM
busch
Road Warrior

If it's totaled push for a brand new bike or take the cash find a new used bike to make it yours, change it how you want a lot less headaches than dealing with insurance and all the BS you will have to do. Good luck ride safe

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:42 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

I would take the cash for the bike being considered wrecked. Do you have access to the bike, where you can strip it for any added parts you put on it...

Sorry to see this went down, hope your Ok...

Old 05-23-2009 | 08:16 PM
eurotek
Advanced

Originally Posted by C. Numb
As some of you may know, my XBONES was wrecked a couple of days ago. I towed it to the dealership today and they said it may be totaled. Whether it is, or it isn't, the crash was 100% the fault of the cager. The police report says so, her insurance company acknowledged this, and she even got a ticket for careless driving. So I wont feel bad about having this bike made EXACTLY the way I want it.

I put a hold on my Shade Tree rear fender because I may get one of the custom paint sets. I like this one a lot, so I need the fender to match. I am also considering beach bars or monkey bars. I've got a lot to think about. Any suggestions on other upgrades that may come in handy or add style to my bike?
Same Here 8K damage 67yr old ran red light launched me over a van his fault bike at dealer not totaled thank god towing home next week to start reconstruction