Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyes of Texas
The search feature is your friend. There's a thread just like this every other day or so.

And by the way, putting loud pipes on just for the sake of being loud (by your own admission you're not interested in performance) is a squidly move. Overcompensation much?
1. If it bothers you that I asked, don't open the thread.
2. If you don't like loud pipe just for the sake of loud pipes, don't put them on YOUR bike.
3. If I wan't MY Harley to sound the way I believe MY Harley should sound, don't worry about it!
4. Ask you wife if I need to compensate.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Eyes of Texas, making comments like yours is squidly and not needed in this forum. Grow up or move on.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Eyes of Texas
Banned

It's a discussion forum. Be ready to discuss. My bike is already loud, because it makes 160 WHP.

"Ask my wife" ? lol. ****in' poser. go rev your ***** extension.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Thumbs down

Oh, like I said move on wantabe.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer

Well I do hope you realize that probably 75% of the people that own Harleys put pipes on them for sound and not strictly performance, so I guess you are telling a ton of people on this forum that we are just compensating. Do us all a favor and go get on your "160 whp" bike and rearend a semi.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Damage_Inc
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Short shots are nice and look good on the Train but they're common. I went with Bassani Pro-streets in black. IMO they're a triple threat pipe...Looks, Power & Sound!!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a set of no baffled big shots on my Train for a minute or twenty....

By gawd they were beyond loud. They snapped, crackled popped and were simply rolling mayhem.

They made great power on the top end too.

They sucked ***** on the low end.

I'm certain would I not have changed them I would have been pulled over in most towns across the country for violating every noise ordinance known to man.

By Gawd they were Fvckin' Loud!! I have long since gone with a sensible pipe that makes better power and isnt quite as disturbing. The unbaffled V&H Big shots were a rolling nuinsance. Some days do I miss em? No not really. When I look at the photo above I forget that noise making outlaw scoot was even my bike......It was cool for a minute.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer

Damage Inc, those do look nice! And that is kind of what I was thinking, about the shortshots being overplayed. I live in a smaller town and there are a handfull of guys running the shortshots. I have seen a few guys with the radius in chrome but not black.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oneloudz71
I don't really care about performance loss, don't get me wrong but I didn't buy a crotch rocket. I am going for 50/50 looks and sound. I like the look of a shorter black exhaust for my bike. That being said, I want them as loud as I can get them. I don't have unlimited funds to spend, and I already think the 6-700 I have been quoted on the radius exhaust is getting expensive, hell its only a couple feet of pipe compaired to the exhaust I have on my truck that cost 1/2 as much and is 4x longer.
6-700 for shortshots and big radius? did you look on ebay? surely they are cheaper there. or was that with them installed and everything?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Damage_Inc
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,

If you want different as in rarely seen check out the new Lakesters and straightaways from BUB. I think you may like those as well.

Quick Reply: Loud pipes