Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out with the new...In with old. Say Whaaat? Bar swap time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009 | 02:19 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
I'm with you!!
change dem bars!
I have never been a fan of the SS Bars....

I had something similar on my sportster.... had them on for about a month...did not like the look at all!

I like Frisain's bars... I like the fact that they do not have the built in risers...
I'm not a big fan of the built in risers... or big tall risers.... my .02

CC
I'm with you on the big tall risers. Hate em.

I did specifically hunt down a set of beachies with built in stubby riser though as I really didnt want or need the expense of buying a set of seperate risers...Plus I dig how the wires come out of the stubby built in riser.
I like the new bars. What kind are they. Just to be a little different I would consider powder coating them black that would look Bad A$$ on your bike.
$80.00 to strip the chrome and PC em' black...

Ya' think they should match the wheels in a glossy black? My tank console is PC'ed wrinkle black like the motor and my pipes are flat ceramic black...

Thinking it will be a good time to yank my SE AC elbow and finally get that PC'ed as well.

Derned roads are filled with rocks and sand here in Colorado...I already have chunks missing from my PC'ed DNA wheel hub so I knew I had to do chrome fork sliders just to survive and look good at the end of the day! Colorado bikes take a beating compared to a warm state bike.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 05-20-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2009 | 02:36 PM
ptw***
Outstanding HDF Member

Man you have got one amazing bike! I actually like your idea "in with the old".

Old 05-20-2009 | 02:40 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Thanks PT...

Black is the new chrome? Old is the new...New??

I want my Jockey shifter. None of my madness makes any sense without it. My guy up at La Jockey who happens to be just 30-45 minutes from my house makes each and every LA Jockey shift kit by himself by hand in a small shop.

6-8 week wait. Even for a local. Fvck.

Old 05-20-2009 | 05:22 PM
FATBOY777
Cruiser

your bike is gonna look real good. that drag bar look is played out and i do agree with the old is the new, new.

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:11 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by FATBOY777
your bike is gonna look real good. that drag bar look is played out and i do agree with the old is the new, new.
Ran by a "New" old powdercoater who will do the bars to match the frame color for $35.00 and my SE snorkel elbow for another $15.00

Those drag bars are just done on my bike.

Heres the deal.

Sit on your bike.
Put yer feet on the pegs.
Close yer' eyes.

Now reach for where yer' paws would be the most comfortable....

Where I reach isnt where the drag bars are. Not even close. My hands end up just a shade closer to me with my palms or hand angled inward at about a 60 degree angle.

My hands end up where the Beachies sit.

Combine that with reaching for the Jockey lever 300 times per outing then having to find the bar blind every time??

Time to break wit' da beachies and get jiggy wit it!!!

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:30 PM
netvampire
Tourer

Them bars will look sweet.congrats......

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:30 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Not a fan of street slammer bars. I think the beach bars will look better, but I would say flattrack bars would look great.

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:42 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain

I am looking for narrow beach bars with risers built in for my fatty...are yours regular? Can you share the info where you got yours?

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:53 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Not a fan of street slammer bars. I think the beach bars will look better, but I would say flattrack bars would look great.

Funny you say as the ness Flattrackers were my other choice.

These:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NESS-...ayphotohosting

The ones I chose are very close in the bend and dimensions to the Ness flatties the major difference being I wanted the 35" width over the 31.5" with a slighty higher riser Cuz' I'm a big bastard!! I coulda had those blemed Ness flatties for $25.00 at that!!

But yeah those Flatties are very close to what I have.

Ness Flatties:

My?? I dunno even know what mine are...They arent really beach bars and they arent flatties. They are just kinda creepy yet I dig em?

Ya know I dont think mine really are Beach bars in the true sense of the word...These are Beach bars:

Maybe I have a set of bigass flat track bars and didnt really realize it til now? Cuz' my bars aint shaped like that!

I am looking for narrow beach bars with risers built in for my fatty...are yours regular? Can you share the info where you got yours?
Mine are 35" wide. So they arent the full blown buffalo 38-40" bar but they are wider than the 32"ish narrow beachies.

I bought mine from a guy on Flea-Bay...I hunted and hunted til I found a set with the built in risers. Hence the ness flatties pictured above that alos had the built in risers.

I got mine from this guy:http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/t...TQ:MOTORS:1181

Still had the stickers on em. $280 set of bars. I gave him $60 bucks plus shipping. He is a good dude that has good wierdo stuff.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 05-20-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2009 | 09:00 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Funny you say as the ness Flattrackers were my other choice.

These:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NESS-...ayphotohosting

The ones I chose are very close in the bend and dimensions to the Ness flatties the major difference being I wanted the 35" width over the 31.5" with a slighty higher riser Cuz' I'm a big bastard!! I coulda had those blemed Ness flatties for $25.00 at that!!

But yeah those Flatties are very close to what I have.

Ness Flatties:

My?? I dunno even know what mine are...They arent really beach bars and they arent flatties. They are just kinda creepy yet I dig em?

Mine are 35" wide. So they arent the full blown buffalo 38-40" bar but they are wider than the 32"ish narrow beachies.

I bought mine from a guy on Flea-Bay...I hunted and hunted til I found a set with the built in risers. Hence the ness flatties pictured above that alos had the built in risers.

I got mine from this guy:http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/t...TQ:MOTORS:1181

Still had the stickers on em. $280 set of bars. I gave him $60 bucks plus shipping. He is a good dude that has good wierdo stuff.
They definitely reminded me of flatties, just wider. I love flattrack bars, but they just wouldn't look good on my Deluxe.

Quick Reply: Out with the new...In with old. Say Whaaat? Bar swap time.