Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe vs. Springer

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Deluxe05MD
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe vs. Springer

Just curious if any of you out there have had any experience to help me compare an 05 Deluxe with an 08-09 CVO Springer. I currently own an 05 Deluxe with a few mods (V&H longshots, Corbin Seat, Engine Guard with Kuryakyn sturrup highway pegs). I had the opportunity to test ride the 09 CVO Springer in Myrtle this past week (and took several rides on it). It just seemed to fit me better. My biggest hangup is the cost difference. Any suggestions, or should I just start shoving cash in the piggy bank?

Thanks for the responses.

======

Bikers have more fun than people do.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

If you want it bad enough, get it.It's really a personal choice of what you like for how you ride. Those CVO's are pricey, but one day I'll have one.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
hgiles
Cruiser

I'd find a way to enjoy your Deluxe. I love the Deluxe. Love the Springer, but not for the additional cash.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Deluxe05MD
Stage IV

Appreciate the input.. the price is the one thing holding me back. Just got back from talking to a local shop and they recommended and '02 springer. I think for the price (around 10k) I could put enough mods in to get the right bike out of the process. The shop guys recommended an '02 range model since they felt the engine was better than the 110 in the newer models.

It's still a softail, so besides spending about 5k for a springer front end, not sure if I will be satisfied until I have one (hehe).. But patience.. must have it.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Buy a used CVO. My dealer has an 07 Springer for 22k asking price

Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is just one of those things. If ya have to have it, you have to have it. One downside to the CVO is the paint, if it gets damaged, either you will need a real kick azz painter to match it, or you will have to order it from HD. If the bike is a few years old, you wiill have a wait. Now if you want a springer, that is a different story.

I own 2, so I definitely endorse them. It is a shame, back in 2006, they stopped selling complete springer front ends. You could have just swapped out the front end. Buying it piece by piece is expensive as hell.

The carbed 2002 is about the most bullet proof twin cam. It is a buyers market for used bikes. Unfortunately people hit hard times and have to get rid of the toys.

I think the Springer Classic is the best springer out there. It is more true to its heritage with the black forks and 150 tire. Get a black one with a tank shifter, you will be set.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Deluxe05MD
Stage IV

Crazy.. I think I'm headed down that road. Appreciate the time spent on that reply.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't even worry about the wait on painted parts,if your bike isn't the current model year you'll have the same wait.
In my opinion the 2 bikes are two different animals all together, the CVO is an attention getter, but the Deluxe is a great bike to customize to look different from the rest of the bikes in the crowd.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer

just go after the springer. its always going to be a better choice! ha... just kidding... but seriously

Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 AM
stonecold1224
Cruiser

Both are excellent rides but, you need to choose based on which one speaks to your personality. BUT...................Springers rule

Quick Reply: Deluxe vs. Springer