Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can an audible device be added to the security system on an '07 King Classic?

Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
mcglothi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bikes,

Here's the part number you're probably looking for:

68328-06A

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 AM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikes
Can an audible device be added to the security system on an '07 King Classic?
Yes, if it has the same connector that you can hook up an audible alarm too. I know on the softail, the connector is behind the mud guard below the rear fender. Check your owners manual or ask your dealer if one can be hooked up and where is the location. Then go down to your nearest radio shack and pick up the piezo 104db siren for $5. You will save lots of gas money plus have an audible alarm. There are numerous threads on this. Do a quick search. A very easy install and I have rode in some torrential downpours and that little siren keeps doing what it is supposed to do.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner065
Then go down to your nearest radio shack and pick up the piezo 104db siren for $5.
This is a great option only if you plan to never get the pager. The HD siren has an FM transmitter in it that pairs with the pager.

So, if you plan to get the pager as well ( I have it and it's really nice when the bike is out of sight) then spend the $79 on the Smart Siren II.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
citrus4965
Stage III

Make sure you understand the purpose of the "pin" number. It's purpose is for you to disable the security system if you loose your fob, your fob breaks or the fob battery goes dead. The pin number should be a number that is known by you and unique to your bike. It should NOT be the default pin number that came with the bike. Mine came with 11111. (Change or have someone you trust, change the default pin.) Treat it like you would your ATM pin number. The owners manual has a handy wallet card for you to record your pin number and most importantly, it describes the sequence of turn signal actions you must use to disable the security system. (It's sort of like changing the date and time on a Casio digital watch.) The first time I changed it, I did it in the dealers parking lot, so if I fouled it up, they could give me a hand. But it went OK and now I feel comfortable with it.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Pan Wilson
Intermediate

The security option was included (and paid for) when I purchased my 09 Heritage and I have questioned its usefullness ever since. It can be removed but you have to pay for a non alarm replacement module to take its place.

My biggest concern is that someone can turn the ignition on and walk away. Your securuty lights will flash for a while and quit but the head lamps remain on and you come back to a dead bike.

If you're going to use your key anyway to lock the ignition switch and/or fork, then what use is the security system?

Seems like a $300 novelty item. I suppose the sound module might make it all more effective but it was not included.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know when I bought my 08 Train, I got home and noticed that the security system wasn't working. Turns out that they never programmed it at the dealership, so I had to take it back and get them to set it up. As far as audible alarms go, I did the RadioShack siren mod, do a search and you will find it. It works great and it's loud as hell too.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pan Wilson
The security option was included (and paid for) when I purchased my 09 Heritage and I have questioned its usefullness ever since. It can be removed but you have to pay for a non alarm replacement module to take its place.

My biggest concern is that someone can turn the ignition on and walk away. Your securuty lights will flash for a while and quit but the head lamps remain on and you come back to a dead bike.

If you're going to use your key anyway to lock the ignition switch and/or fork, then what use is the security system?

Seems like a $300 novelty item. I suppose the sound module might make it all more effective but it was not included.
When you cant find your bike you'll understand. Steering wheel locked no problem, all you have to do is run a short 2 by 4 through the front and back wheel with three other guys than yourself, and your bike is going down the road in the back of a pick up in about 30 seconds. I'm not a thief and never have been, but if I was and I wanted something bad enough, I'd get it regardless of what you did to protect it. To not take all steps necessary to protect something is to big a risk in today's time, no matter where you live.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Pan Wilson
Intermediate

oh yea, I meant to ask:
Does anyone have an insurance company that recognizes the stock security HD system and offeres a discount?
Mine doesn't. They said they would only discount for systems with a tracking device.