Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
hadji
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?

I am looking to put Carlini T-bar on my 2005 Fatboy. Looking for sugestions and or pictures of bikes with them on. I am leaning towards the 1.5 inch, 9 inch rise Super sweeps. If anyone has done this can this be done with stock wiring and not having to extend them or the cables? I now have 1.25 inch buffalo bars with a 8 inch rise but want more than the 8 inch pullback. I also would consider a different brand bar with the right pullback. Thanks for any help.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master

Here's a shot of the clean sweeps. I also have a 4 degree rake on the trees. More shots in my photo album.

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?-afterfat_left1a.jpg  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

as much as I really want to put drag bars on my Fat Boy I'm not really liking the high rise drag or t-bars on the FLT's. Something about that fat front end with skinny rise bars just doesn't look right, especially from looking straight on. Carlini has come out with a drag bar called "Lowdown". I would like to see it on a newer model Fat Boy. The bar search has been quite the challenge for me.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:23 PM
hadji
Stage II
Default Carlini Bars

Nice bike CycleDrider! What size clean sweeps? Where did you get the 4 degree rake triple tree? I am not familiar with them.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These are Carlinis, I love 'em.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carlini bars

i have Carlini Lowdowns on my 06 Deluxe and i have the 7 inch 1 1/2inch thick Cleansweeps on my night train and on my roadking

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?-deluxertside.jpg   Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?-deluxe.jpg   Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?-deluxefront.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Chopper Dave
Cruiser

Hello Hadji if your looking for more pullback I would go with WILD 1 drag bars here's the link to check them out http://www.wild1inc.com/orderWO501.html Keep the shiny side up my friend.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
jslamerman
Advanced

What are the options for drag style bars, that are thicker, and have little to no pullback, and are elevated?? I have the 14" Carlini Gangster apes on mine, still too high, because I get a pretty bad wobble with the bars pushed forward, and I test fit a set of 9" rise Cleansweeps I bought, and feel like they have too much pullback..............really stuck between looks and feel right now!! It is bad because I am sooooo tall (6'6"), have a pretty good reach, and would prefer to sit stretched out, and hands higher. The apes are great, too bad the bike handles so damn bad with them pushed that far forward. The bars are actually like too high, somewhere between 2 and 4 inches for them to be perfect, but look good. Its a combo of low seat, lowered rear suspension, and HD inverted fork (stock length) with thick top triple clamp. This should help me find a good drag bar combo, but so far has eluded me..............................

Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
sp9997
Tourer

I have ordered myself Wild Ones WO517 road king bars.. they are suppose to work with stock cables and would give 14inch pullback which would be good. also the width would be 30.5 inch that would help.. I tried looking if anyone has them on but no one have them on but I will try and post once I get them.. I had to order 2inch riser kit since WO517 are 1inch at the clamp down area...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
hksigman
Road Master

Originally Posted by jslamerman
What are the options for drag style bars, that are thicker, and have little to no pullback, and are elevated?? I have the 14" Carlini Gangster apes on mine, still too high, because I get a pretty bad wobble with the bars pushed forward, and I test fit a set of 9" rise Cleansweeps I bought, and feel like they have too much pullback..............really stuck between looks and feel right now!! It is bad because I am sooooo tall (6'6"), have a pretty good reach, and would prefer to sit stretched out, and hands higher. The apes are great, too bad the bike handles so damn bad with them pushed that far forward. The bars are actually like too high, somewhere between 2 and 4 inches for them to be perfect, but look good. Its a combo of low seat, lowered rear suspension, and HD inverted fork (stock length) with thick top triple clamp. This should help me find a good drag bar combo, but so far has eluded me..............................
Check my pictures of the Lowdown bars on my deluxe. I had 18 inch flyin apes on my deluxe b4 i put the lowdown drag bars on it.
What bike are you lookin to put the bars on?

Quick Reply: Carlini Clean sweep or Super sweep bars for Fatboy?