Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get hit by a rock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Flying Pilgrim
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever get hit by a rock?

I took a june bug right in the middle of my forehead once. I thought I had been shot, it hurt so bad! Swelled up real nice. I can't imagine hitting a bird, though, that would scare the crap out of me.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:54 PM
roadhawgray
Advanced

they all hurt like hell! thats why bikers wear leather! that extra skin helps take some of the ouch away! ive been hit with all kinds of bugs. those butterflies are some juicy suckers!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:07 PM
JoeVFR
Tourer

I had a close call earlier this year with a bird. I was being passed by a Dodge truck on the left and this bird barely makes it passed his grill flying from left to right. The bird probably thought he had it made and then it sees me! That bird had to pull 3g's to keep from hitting me! I saw it coming, but I couldn't move. I just held on tight and hoped it made it. Let's see, 3-5 lb. bird at 40mph, me at 70 mph=Ouch! It just cleared my windshield. Also had a deer jump out at me in broad daylight (that one I stopped for) Then this one time at band camp...
ORIGINAL: Dr. Fatboy

The whole animal thing would be an interesting corollary to this thread. I'll bet that there are some of you that have some good stories along this line too. Feel free to share.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:17 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

I live in the bee/bug capital of California so I won't even mention them . Did take a pheasant right in the chest as a kid on my dirtbike at around 45 mph , not sure how I did'nt crash and had a hell of a bruise . Also got rocked as a 18 year old on the road between Pleasanton and Livermore , damn gravel trucks ! 60 mph and I'm watching a quarter size rock bounce just in front of me aways , barely time to duck , good thing I did though . It hit the helmet just above my left eye , sounded and felt like someone hit me with a bat . Needed a new helmet , crushed a good size area down to the styrofoam liner .

Dan

Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Here in Australia they use tractor slashers to cut the grass on the road sides,I have never been hit by a rock from one of these tractors but have seen alot fly out a land on the road. Another concern riding around the local streets are people using the weed trimmers as I have a friend who lost his eye when a ring pull from a drink can flew up.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 PM
hog tied
Advanced

ok did anyone else see this... you have been married for 16 years BUT 14 years ago your girlfriend.. didn`t believe it was a rock?? hmmmmm wonder why???[sm=bustedsign.gif]LOL
ORIGINAL: BLAZE

got hit by a rock on the side of the neck about 14 years ago when i was going out with my then girlfriend
it came up like a huge love bite dont think she beleived me about the rock hitting me didnt talk to me for about a week lol

oh well been married to her for 16 years now and she still rides with me ....
oh by the way the rock hurt like hell

Old 05-12-2006, 10:13 PM
nutsy
Tourer

i got hit with a brick 1 time.i was riding my 20 inch bicycle and a kid threw a brick at me and split my head wide open. not the same i guess lol

Old 05-13-2006, 01:35 AM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got caught in a whiz bang of a storm once. Dime sized hail and a 1/2 helmet do not a good mix make! My secretary thought I had been mugged

Old 05-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was riding with a large group of bikes a few weeks ago and the guy in front of me clipped a fiberglass ladder in the road. Everyone else avoided it, but no one pointed it out. The ladder busted in a million pieces and hit my fairing and windshiled. No damge or injuries. Scared the living hell out of me at highway speed. I had no where to go to avoid the debris.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:07 AM
CTClassic
Advanced

Other than an insect or two,, last year I almost got whacked by a flying combo wrench that appearently fell off someones truck bumper or something going in the opposite direction. I first heard it hit the ground and then "cartwheeled" up and just missed my head by a couple of feet, that could have been very messy.

Quick Reply: Ever get hit by a rock?