Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrew's 26H cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
NTrain177
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrew's 26H cam

Anyone ever put an Andrew's 26H cam in there 88B or 96B motor? If so how did it do compaired to stock? Where did you see an gains or losses in the power curv? Thanks for the input...Not to sound pricky but I dont want to hear about other cams just this one. I have bought one just waiting to put it in and wanted to hear the good and or bad so I know what I am in for thanks.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

26's in a Night Train wouldnt be my first choice.

Its a TQ cam. A 2-up Bagger cam.

Is your bike a 96" or an 88"?

If its a 96" do a set of 37's with a .030 gasket and get the heads milled to make at least 10 to 1. More bang for your buck there IMO.

If you have an 88" make it a 95" and do the same 37 build. Its gonna make you happier in your lighter than a geezer glide Train!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
goxley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Andrews 26H cam on my '08 Rocker a year back, along with an H-D heavy breather and TTS tuner. Dynode the bike and got 110 lbs. of torque and 80 H.P. after tune. I've been very happy with the way the bike performs, especially in 6th gear.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:49 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser

yeah thats what i am looking for is tq...I am a realistic rider...A harley makes power in lower in tq so thats what i want plus a do a fair share of 2 up so it should be ideal..i enjoy the bikes top end...good enough for me, i just want her to pull harder in bottom and mid.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by goxley
I installed the Andrews 26H cam on my '08 Rocker a year back, along with an H-D heavy breather and TTS tuner. Dynode the bike and got 110 lbs. of torque and 80 H.P. after tune. I've been very happy with the way the bike performs, especially in 6th gear.
110 Lbs on a 96" with just a set of 26's and an AC? Stock heads and stock compression?

Post that dyno!! I would like to see that

The 26's fall off early. They are generally regarded as a bagger cam. To each his own. I say go with whatever you want...I tend to think a set of stock heads milled and lightly ported with .030 gaskets and a set 37's would make for a "Funner Riding" Train.

Me personally I cant see shifting a non bagger bike so early. I like to wind em' out and let em' eat!!

Last edited by Chazmanian; 05-14-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM
tweakin
Road Master

I just put andrews 37H in and did a 103ci upgrade. I have a little over 200 miles in and the bike runs like a raped ape. Good power in all gears at all rpm's, I could not be happier. I can't wait to get in dyno tuned and see what its really got.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

The 37's work best with a compression bump and some headwork....

The 26's from what I know can get away simply being a drop in cam and dont need the compression and or headwork that some of the other grinds will have to have just to work right if not well. So they are like dropping in a 203 and not touching the heads maybe?

37 builds are about the most popular non-bagger builds going right now with lots of motor shops, and for good reason. They make big Tq and big HP with relatively minor headwork and they shine on the dyno....Guys spending a few grand or 5 on a strong stage 3 build want to see big dyno numbers. That seat of the pants Chit is all good until you drop 3-4-5-6 grand on your bikes motor. At that point everyone wants to see big numbers on paper and will fight kick, fight, scratch and spend another grand or two just to find 6 more pounds of Tq or 5 more Hp!!!.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

26's in a stock 96, no headwork, is a good choice. Contact Kbore as he recently installed 26's in I believe an 88". These bolt in cams will not rip your arms off or win races but will wake the motor up in the low to mid range, pull better than stock above that and make for a better ride - especially when riding 2up.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
BrianK
Advanced

I run gear drive 26s in my 2006 Deuce - light bike, I ride solo, no baggage and certainly not a bagger.

Poor choice, huh?

But I love them. I can count on one hand the number of time I've revved this bike over 5K. Power up there doesn't matter to me, cause I'll never use it. But this bike will pull from 1800 RPMs and doesn't stop before 5K. If it drops off over that RPM, I'll probably never know and certainly never care. I have other bikes for that, thanks.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianK
I run gear drive 26s in my 2006 Deuce - light bike, I ride solo, no baggage and certainly not a bagger.

Poor choice, huh?

But I love them. I can count on one hand the number of time I've revved this bike over 5K. Power up there doesn't matter to me, cause I'll never use it. But this bike will pull from 1800 RPMs and doesn't stop before 5K. If it drops off over that RPM, I'll probably never know and certainly never care. I have other bikes for that, thanks.
Exactly!

Quick Reply: Andrew's 26H cam