Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10% price increase on harleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 AM
cammy5477
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10% price increase on harleys

all harleys have went up by 10% in the uk. a crossbones stock is now £14000 is this the same in the states? or anywere else?
i find it hard the believe that in this economy they would increase the prices of an already very expensive luxury (for most people). I like all you guys love my bike but if it came to a choice of feeding the wife and kids or the bike then adios will drainers hello new life in thailand LOL

Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

The UK Pound to Aussie Dollar is exactly 2 to 1 today. Here's some prices without "On Road Costs" from this weeks paper:

FXST $25,100
FXDF $25,500
FXSTB $29,250
FLHRCI $31,350
FLSTF $29,750
FXDFSE $53,000

Looks pretty close to your numbers.

cheers
kiteman

Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
UK FXSTB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They put the price up 10% to please the European dealers as with the £ so low against the Euro the european riders have been comeing over to the UK and buying up all the good second hand bikes in our dealers and in some cases buying new and saving up to £4000.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
cammy5477
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UK FXSTB
They put the price up 10% to please the European dealers as with the £ so low against the Euro the european riders have been comeing over to the UK and buying up all the good second hand bikes in our dealers and in some cases buying new and saving up to £4000.
they put there prices up to please themselves.
that pound, euro, dollar thing has been going on for years i loved getting my bits from the states when the pound was worth 2 dollars felt like i had found a really cheap harley shop and i couldnt get enough but the good times are gone for the moment and putting up prices when everybody else is lowering theres is financial suicide IMHO

Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
UK FXSTB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cammy5477
they put there prices up to please themselves.
that pound, euro, dollar thing has been going on for years i loved getting my bits from the states when the pound was worth 2 dollars felt like i had found a really cheap harley shop and i couldnt get enough but the good times are gone for the moment and putting up prices when everybody else is lowering theres is financial suicide IMHO
Time will tell if it is financial suicide , but at the moment they are still selling well even with the 10% rise if my local dealers are to be belived. I guess the next few months sales figuers will tell.
If the sales drop we will be able to get discounts when buying new if you use your hand and pick the right time to haggle .

Old 05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This must be the official "Euro Dude" price thread...

Chit I dunno even know what the exchange rate is!!

I do know this though... We had a member post that he bought hisself a new Crossbones for 16K out the door last week or so.

Hows that equate to Y'all money?

My guess is when you roll down the street on a Harley over there folks must be very interested? Here it seems as if you cant roll down the street without having to return a low 2 fingered wave at 12 other Harleys, 19 Metric cruisers and sport bikes, 4 guys on Mopeds, 3 old folks on scooters and a kid sitting in the back of Mummies SUV!!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 PM
eddyp
Cruiser
Smile

My bro PXd his Street Bob in earlier this year...he was just informed by DVLA that it had been exported. Looks like the dealer shipped it straight out to Belgium. The price hike means my 2006 FXST will hold its value even better

Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah one thing to remember you are talking list price, you can always haggle them down. Just like hotel room price, what is list is never paid

Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain

yeh im happy also that my bike will hold its value alittle better but the stealers in scotland will give you freebies but wont lower the bike price they will quote half stage one or around £700 worth of extras but get the face value of the bike.

$16000 is currently £10500 which is way less than £14000 that the stealers want in the uk.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
yeah one thing to remember you are talking list price, you can always haggle them down. Just like hotel room price, what is list is never paid
Interesting but wrong...no haggling on harleys in Europe...(new)

Quick Reply: 10% price increase on harleys