Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Drag Bars on a Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlini Drag Bars on a Rocker

I'm looking to put Carlini drag bars on my Rocker C. I'm undecided between the Original T-Bar 1.5" and the Super Sweep 1.5". I'm also not sure on the amount of rise and pullback that will be needed.

When I put these on, I'm also going to install a 2" tank lift and relocate the front turn signals off of the bars. Any help as to which ones will work on my bike and what size rise is needed would be appreciated. If you can also post any pictures with this set-up that would be great.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

You need the max rise (9"?) from what I have seen so far and with a tank lift you def need to move your indicators.

personnaly i like the look of the original T-bar better than the supersweep

Robert

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

Hey Rocker-Mike,

I recently fitted Wild-One Chubby Drag Bars to my Rocker, W500 with 6" risers. I looked at Carlini which are also excellent. My problem was that they ended up with the grips being 2.2 " lower and 3" further forward than the standard grips. I made measurements!!

The bars are awesome, no complaint there at all. They look fantastic on my bike. BUT, they just don't feel right and I feel like I'm leaning forward all the time. I am having another set, the W501's fitted right now with the 8" risers.

It is very important to me that I feel in FULL control when I'm riding. The standard postion on most Harleys is excellent. I hope the new ones do the trick.

Take a look at the side-on pic of a bike with the front wheel dead straight. Imagine hanging a plumbob down from the tip of the handgrip. USUALLY, that line cuts right down dead centre between the cylinders or over the air intake.

Now look at a bike with after market bars.........I know it's hard to get those pics but I am sure you will agree with me when you do this. I am 5ft 10.5 ins so not quite a short-***!!

Wild-One have a good chart on their site (and pics) but it's only to the nearest half-inch from memory. At least it's a good guide........ but I still made an idiot of myself!!!

My suggestion would be go no further than 1 inch from stock unless you are over 6 foot!!

Good Luck!
kiteman

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Drag Bars on a Rocker-rockerc-5.jpg  

Last edited by kiteman; 05-14-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
bulldog77
Intermediate

I have the Carlini clean sweeps with a 7" rise. It's puts me forward about 2-3 inches then the stock bars but I feel like the bike handles so much better, esp. on the highway. I am only 5'9" and I love them. The blinkers are less then an inch from hitting the tank at full turn parked. It's obviously all preference but you can see my bars on my profile.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the carlini's with 9" rise and 7.5" pullback on mine... I also have the 2" tank lift on mine and they fit great, didn't have to change out the wires or cables...I have the original t bars...there was another member on here who put either, the cleansweeps or supersweeps on his rocker... and they ended up hitting the speedo...something to think about

Old 05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I got mine here...> http://gworkscustomcycles.com.au/handle_bars.html I had the guys fit LED turn signals, you can see them in this pic https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...-blinkers.html send them an email, they will give you all the details.

D

Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Supersweeps 1.5 x 9x11 on mine. I had to remove the 2 inch tank lift and the speedo.. Removing the speedo was the good thing, Im waiting on funds to purchase a dakota that will fit the console perfect(based on initial measurements). I was dissapointed in removing the tank at first but with a new front end and the curve of the bars gave the bike a whole new look. If you are looking at relocating ur lights PM I have the billet alumn chromed relocation fork brackets..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe What
I have the Supersweeps 1.5 x 9x11 on mine. I had to remove the 2 inch tank lift and the speedo.. Removing the speedo was the good thing, Im waiting on funds to purchase a dakota that will fit the console perfect(based on initial measurements). I was dissapointed in removing the tank at first but with a new front end and the curve of the bars gave the bike a whole new look. If you are looking at relocating ur lights PM I have the billet alumn chromed relocation fork brackets..
WHat Dakota dial did you plan on using?

Thnx
RJ

Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser

Has anyone installed the Carlini Original T-Bars with the 7" rise instead of the 9" rise? If so, how do you like it and will it work with a 2" tank lift?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to have to say they won't fit, and if they do it will be a tight fit...I put the 9" rise on mine and it was a tight fit with that speedo ...I would have to think that the 7" rise would touch the speedo/tank area...that is if with the 2" tank lift you're talking about

Quick Reply: Carlini Drag Bars on a Rocker