Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 vs 07 Fatboy...I'm in a dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Pm me if you want a set of bags for your new fatty IF you get the bike. I have a couple laying around. They arent the Harley bags but should get you by for a while.
Cost = shipping.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tough one there....

They are both nice bikes.

The Yellow one reeks of timeless Harley and is unmistakenly pure Harley Davidson.

That grey bike is nice too!! But I'm with you the Yellow one is the one that has ya.

Your dude is too high on the yellow one as stated above. Offer him the same $13,500 the old dude was gonna take for the grey one and I betcha either ride away on your new Yellow fatty or you are dealing with a man who hasnt a clue as he will not likely see another feller with 13.5K cash in fist for that bike after you leave.

Heres the last 33 2006 Fatty that were listed and sold or didnt meet the reserve on Flea-Bay. This is a very strong gauge of the current marklet value on our bikes:http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.co..._osacat=__6024

Of The last 4 06's that sold a SE model brought 15.5K 2 brough 12K and one did 10 grand.

Let the seller of the yellow know what these bikes are doing in this economy!!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 AM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Personally I Like the silver but you said you love the yellow I WOULD GO WITH THE YELLOW THEY ARE A BIT HARDER TO FIND i WOULD THINK.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DESCISION

Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
fatheadonsoftail
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Tough one there....

They are both nice bikes.

The Yellow one reeks of timeless Harley and is unmistakenly pure Harley Davidson.

That grey bike is nice too!! But I'm with you the Yellow one is the one that has ya.

Your dude is too high on the yellow one as stated above. Offer him the same $13,500 the old dude was gonna take for the grey one and I betcha either ride away on your new Yellow fatty or you are dealing with a man who hasnt a clue as he will not likely see another feller with 13.5K cash in fist for that bike after you leave.

Heres the last 33 2006 Fatty that were listed and sold or didnt meet the reserve on Flea-Bay. This is a very strong gauge of the current marklet value on our bikes:http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.co..._osacat=__6024

Of The last 4 06's that sold a SE model brought 15.5K 2 brough 12K and one did 10 grand.

Let the seller of the yellow know what these bikes are doing in this economy!!
I know $14 is to high now but around here there is not much choice right now.

I already offered him 13.5 and he declined.

I could say screw it and forget the whole deal but at this point I just want to get it over with and be done with it.

He is delivering it to me this afternoon right from the dealer where it is getting it's 5000 mile service done today. It has 4400 miles on it I think.

That one that sold for 10 had dents and such and this one has no flaws what so ever.

$500 to me is alot but not worth the hassle of trying to dicker this guy down some more and then have to keep searching for another bike I may not like as much.

I want to put some apes on it in the next couple weeks and riding season is here so I want to ride not spend more time trying to find a bike.

I can live with the $14K I think if I do not dwell on it.

Thanks guys for all your opinions I really appreciated them.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Spend the 14K and go get the good un!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

harley had to come out with a bigger motor in 97 to power up thier six speed tranny (which by the way I dont like)the twin cam 88 and the six speed tranny = a sixth gear that is use less in my opinion. buy the 07 and save the money you will spend modifing the 06 to run right and pull hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:03 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cant decide? get the 08 that was repo and save a bundle. there were over 750 repo here in austin texas in march.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by comaman2
harley had to come out with a bigger motor in 97 to power up thier six speed tranny (which by the way I dont like)the twin cam 88 and the six speed tranny = a sixth gear that is use less in my opinion. buy the 07 and save the money you will spend modifing the 06 to run right and pull hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stock 96's I have ridden do not run right or pull much if any harder than the stock 88's did. I'm with you on the 6 speed. Not a fan until the motor is making enough beans to pull that steep sumbiatch!!

I think the major advantage is the fact that when he does go in to make it a runner he could do a 103 build instead of a 95' for the same money and then have the faster stronger bike...

But sheese if the OP is looking for a fast bike and shopping Harley fatboys??

He knows what he is doing. He just wants a comfy cruiser that looks good when "He" looks at it. I think he has a Dyna Wide as well so he isnt some newb Rook.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
The stock 96's I have ridden do not run right or pull much if any harder than the stock 88's did. I'm with you on the 6 speed. Not a fan until the motor is making enough beans to pull that steep sumbiatch!!

I think the major advantage is the fact that when he does go in to make it a runner he could do a 103 build instead of a 95' for the same money and then have the faster stronger bike...

But sheese if the OP is looking for a fast bike and shopping Harley fatboys??

He knows what he is doing. He just wants a comfy cruiser that looks good when "He" looks at it. I think he has a Dyna Wide as well so he isnt some newb Rook.
he sure acts like newbie, just trying to tell em that i dont like either of them bikes,07 over heated and o6 got the weak tranny,riden 2 up with gear will prove to be doggy unless mods are done on both but I know from experience the 07 will be the best bang for the buck in this situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
fatheadonsoftail
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by comaman2
he sure acts like newbie, just trying to tell em that i dont like either of them bikes,07 over heated and o6 got the weak tranny,riden 2 up with gear will prove to be doggy unless mods are done on both but I know from experience the 07 will be the best bang for the buck in this situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Newbie

I did all the mods on the 02 Heritage I sold.

I will put V&H and probably a PowerCommander V on the 06. It will run good enough for what I do.

Quick Reply: 06 vs 07 Fatboy...I'm in a dilemma