Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
variablek
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually yes there are a couple things I can't seem to find that I would love to have...

Specifically for the rockers...

A swing arm mounted horizontal license plate bracket...(the swing arm is oval)

A low profile powder coated brake light for the bottom 3 holes on the fender of the rocker...

I bet there are a bunch of people who would be interested in that!

Hope that helps.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A detachable passenger backrest for the FatBoy that DOES NOT require the rear signals to be relocated. It would be EASY for Harley to make a really small change to the existing stampings to make this possible, but they haven't.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A COMPLETE extended forward control kit. +2" or +3"... COMPLETE, with the kickstand mount for the newer (2007 and beyond) FatBoys.... brake line, EVERYTHING! Nobody I know has one. I have tried everyone, and had lots of discussions on here about it, and been in touch with every manufacturer that was suggested to me, as well as ones I had researched myself.

THIS IS AN AWESOME THREAD BY THE WAY. VERY PRO-ACTIVE OF YOU. BRAVO!!! I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT BOTH PRODUCTS I SUGGESTED IN MY TWO POSTINGS IF THEY WERE AVAILABLE.

Last edited by JR Ryder; 05-10-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Kicks
Tourer

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Risers for springers.
And these bars...
all though I haven't looked to hard fo rhte bars cause I already have two sets... how many bars does a guy need!

Really now, I would like to order these bars.
Who makes them? Who sells them?
Thanks!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

A detachable chrome solo luggage rack that fits 07 and later Fatboys with the 200mm rear end.

I believe HD has them in black, but not chrome.

Here's a link to show you what I mean (but it's for an 06 or earlier): http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Here's a picture, but it's for an 06 or earlier with the narrower rear end.

Attached Thumbnails What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?-solo-luggage-rack-chrome-.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
A detachable passenger backrest for the FatBoy that DOES NOT require the rear signals to be relocated. It would be EASY for Harley to make a really small change to the existing stampings to make this possible, but they haven't.
Hey I just put a detachable on my Train and left the rear signals alone. Just have to cut about a 1/4" off the rear clamp and it slides on pretty slick. Do a search and there is a thread w/pics showing this done. Try it. I think the signal relocation kit looks cheap, didn't like it at all. Now I want ti install the signal spacers from a Duece they are shorter so they won't stick out so far

Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A reasonably priced 21" wire spoke front rim for 25mm axles. The only ones I have found are ~$430.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
Hey I just put a detachable on my Train and left the rear signals alone. Just have to cut about a 1/4" off the rear clamp and it slides on pretty slick. Do a search and there is a thread w/pics showing this done. Try it. I think the signal relocation kit looks cheap, didn't like it at all. Now I want ti install the signal spacers from a Duece they are shorter so they won't stick out so far
JR here are the pics of it, can't find the thread but saved the pics

Attached Thumbnails What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?-cut-20off.jpg   What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?-cut-20off1.jpg   What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?-cut-20off2.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 09:46 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Thinner Detachable stuff.
When using the HD detachable hardware on the fender strut, it moves my saddle bags out approx 1 inch and leaves a HUGE gap between the fender and the saddle bag when viewed from the rear.
I have a Heritage and leave the bags on, but like to remove the sissy bar and pillion. Currently, I have to loosen the bolts after removing the bags so I can slide the sissy bar mount out (I cut the holes into slots so i wouldn't have to remove the bolt from the fender strut).

Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Lots of good ideas so far guys. I am going to farward all of these ideas to Tom tomorrow and see what he thinks. Keep on with the ideas guys. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What products do yiou want for your bike that you are having trouble finding?