Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beachbars on a Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 PM
MobileLightning
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beachbars on a Deuce?

Anyone ever seen beachbars on a Deuce? I seen a pic on the Wild1 page of something close to beachbars and it looked nice. I bought a set of HD 1 1/4" Beachbars 36" wide. Looking at it next to my bike, I just do not know If I will like the position. The bars seem like they will be very comfortable but not sure I like the looks.

Jeremy

Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Beachbars on a Deuce?

I have the 1 1/4" HD beach bars on my Springer Classic and like the look and comfort. But personally I think they would look just plain bad on a Deuce. Here you have this slick looking bike with these wide bars. Check out my gallery for pics of the bars. A deuce needs drag bars all the way IMO.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
jackhammer
Tourer

Blaaaaaaaa, yuk, hack hack cough arrrrr. Take them back. The duece looks good in a lot of things but beach bars are not one of them, take the advice from above.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:14 AM
MobileLightning
Intermediate

Yea, I have to say I agree with ya both. I already ordered a new set of bars yesterday. They are not drag bars but I think they will work. Thanks for the opinions. By the way, check out the Deuce on this link (after the FatBoy). The deminsions of these bars are almost identical to the bars I have.

http://www.wild1inc.com/wo504.html

Thanks again,
Jeremy

Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 AM
jackhammer
Tourer

I don't know Jeremy. I'm thinking your hands are going to be too low and when cornering in parking lots your hands are going to hit your thighs in the sharper turns giving you less controle. I noticed that with beach bars when I got to try them out. I think drag bars would be a better fit, more comfy as well as stylish and suits your bike. Pick out straight risers or pull backs for less stretch on your back and you would have one bitchin ride. Bars can make or break the ride and make or break the rider at the same time. In the end, your call, good luck, I hope it works out in the end for you.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:41 AM
MobileLightning
Intermediate

I hadn't even considered the slow maneouvering issue. That is a very good point. After taking a look at it next to my bike and the very valid points above, I think I will pass on the Beach Bars. After looking at the bars next to my bike, I had already ordered a new set of bars anyway (not drag bars but they are narrow with limited pull back). I will just wait it out and install them when they arrive.

Thanks for the advice,
Jeremy

Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 AM
cmbucky
Cruiser

Mobile

Try this link:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_279159/tm.htm

Not much info but it may help you some. I am getting closer to buying Deluxe bars for my deuce and sticking with my stock risers.
Of course have to change grips and levers too.