Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling bow legged after a long ride? Bad legs, knees, or ankles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I should have said pigeon toed too.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
suprdave04
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Info, I just picked up my Fat Boy Lo and have notice up past the 70MPH mark that my legs are bowing cuz of the airflow. I wonder if these will help with that?

Originally Posted by anubisss
I personally have not experienced this but others I know have complained of it. I am also lucky to have all my body parts functioning as they should. We will see as they years rack though.

Anyway, if you have any of these problems with your legs, etc. from riding your softail, I suggest the Harley Goodies floorboard extensions as they provide so much more room for your feet to move around. I thought to myself before taking the plunge that 1" couldn't possibly make much of a difference. Well let me tell you after my 200 mile ride on Sunday, it really does.

Others I ride with have several different complaints regarding the stock positioning of the floorboards, and have found a solution for themselves as well. Sure, most people say "Get a touring bike" but I refuse to submit, at least until I can have 2 bikes.

Like I previously stated, this simple 20 minute mod can be completed by anyone with a few basic tools and will have you riding in comfort and style immediately. You will wonder how you survived without it as long as you did.

I must say that I do not work for this company, but want to let my fellow softail riders to know of this mod. Enough of my raving, try it for yourself. My pics are in another thread and rather lackluster, so I'll get some new ones soon and post them too. The best $50 you can spend, along with a 15% discount for forum members. Do it up.

One more thing, extremely fast shipping does not hurt.
http://www.harleygoodies.com/

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Got the floorboards on my 95 flstn which is the 1st bike I've had with them and I love them so far anyway between the boards and highway pegs my knees don't hurt as bad after a day of ridding, now if I could keep from getting tangled up in my bags life would be perfect.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Beer30
Intermediate

I am planning on getting the extensions, but in the meantime I found that on the left side, swapping the heel and toe shifter put me in a less pigeon-toed position. Just put the toe shift on the outside and heel shift on the inside. Hey, it's free and helps me!