Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland Kit ACTUAL price

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sawinwa
33% markup? Not bad compared to a lot of retail items...

Try apparel... typically more like 100% markup from wholesale to retail. (that's why it's always getting "blown out" at "40% off"!).

How about professional services... your attorney at $300-400-or more an hour, that's probably a 300-400% (or more) markup on what his actual salary + benefits are.

It's all about how the market sector values it's own product, and what the consumer will pay for the perceived value. If you like the product and the price is acceptable to you, then their profit margin really doesn't matter, does it?
Well put sawinwa, and again, profit margin really doesn't matter because I did buy the product. I see you're in my neck of the country. Any good rides out here?

Also, in the usual sht storm of wave threads and the fcking fashion police threads, I was attempting to start a decent discussion. Guess its back to asking the All-Knowing Forum if I should wave in fingerless gloves on Tuesday nights while wearing my chaps with my biker chain and skull cap even though I'm driving my Prius to Bed, Bath, and Beyond...

Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

The kits look good, but I won't pay it. Too much after paint ect. is done. Plus it would negate my bobtail fender rack and sissybar setup.

Hey dude, if ur new to WA state, u gotta check out HWY 20. head north on 5 to burlington and go east on hwy 20. do the loop. head to winthrop and down to leavenworth, back west on hwy 2. I've been riding in CA and all over the place, on a nice day theres no better ride than that hwy 20 loop...

Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
BTrain
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Weight
How long does it take you to figure out if you want to have sex with a girl or not?

Not long at all, as long as I can get a good look at her!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Also, in the usual sht storm of wave threads and the fcking fashion police threads, I was attempting to start a decent discussion. Guess its back to asking the All-Knowing Forum if I should wave in fingerless gloves on Tuesday nights while wearing my chaps with my biker chain and skull cap even though I'm driving my Prius to Bed, Bath, and Beyond...
Now that made me laugh..

Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
The Weight
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Haha thats funny, and YES, BUT only if you got a skull harley sticker on the prius.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fully respect their prices, margins, mark ups, whatever. If there is demand, why not. Its business. However they propably support only U.S. market. For me Heartland sucks and i will never buy anything from them. Contacted them several times and no response at all.......

Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Kski
Tourer

Are you saying that it's bad for a company to support it's home country's market/economy or was that just thrown in there? Not attacking you, just asking.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by The Weight
Haha thats funny, and YES, BUT only if you got a skull harley sticker on the prius.
haha is that allowed? am I allowed to put more than one HD sticker on my rear window? what about placement? how many stickers on there are too many? yada yada...

Old 05-07-2009, 02:10 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Kski
Are you saying that it's bad for a company to support it's home country's market/economy or was that just thrown in there? Not attacking you, just asking.
I think what he's saying is that in this day and age it's incredibly poor customer service to NOT respond to queries that come outside of a manufacturers home market.
e-mail makes it all so simple and out of courtesy it would be resonable to give some sort of response to any enquiry home or abroad.
Heartland may well not want to deal with international enquiries which is fine - but why not just say so up front instead of just ignoring prospective buyers!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masar
Fully respect their prices, margins, mark ups, whatever. If there is demand, why not. Its business. However they propably support only U.S. market. For me Heartland sucks and i will never buy anything from them. Contacted them several times and no response at all.......
Heartlands attitude towards "foreign" customers is without doubt sh*t.
I think they have the American small town attitude of "is their anywhere else apart from the USA" wonder if anyone their owns a passport???

I was lucky i found an independent supplier in the states that had just had a road trip to Scotland and decided to set up a UK phone number as he realised no distributors in Uk..

Interesting actually as more Harleys sold in Europe than the States

Quick Reply: Heartland Kit ACTUAL price