Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland Kit ACTUAL price

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by The Weight
How long does it take you to figure out if you want to have sex with a girl or not?
Wtf are you talking about? I'm simply passing on info that many people don't get to see. But good positive response to the discussion...you must be a thinker

Last edited by stupid_rope; 05-05-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

And obviously I'm going to install it...I bought it because I liked the look. I don't know why some people get all butt hurt, like they own Heartland and feel the need to defend it.

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
you spent 17,000 on your bike and could of bought a honda for 10 grand cheaper
So? Just because I bought a HD doesn't mean I have to pay out my *** for every product - factory or aftermarket - that I want to put on it.

Last edited by stupid_rope; 05-05-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
The Weight
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Wtf are you talking about? I'm simply passing on info that many people don't get to see. But good positive response to the discussion...you must be a thinker
You try to figure out how much money the company is making off their product, when it really doesnt matter. All that matters is what you can buy it for, and at the end of the day if your lowest number (price) is still above what your willing to pay the cost outweights the marginal benifit to you.

I guess youll never understand the girl thing...

Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 PM
mt325
Tourer

Until you own a business and have to deal with constant increase in insurances, labor burden, material costs etc you won't understand. Small businesses run America and we are in business to make money. You don't want to spend the money , don't buy the products or start a company to compete with them. I dropped the nut of a 200 kit but knew that the customer services was superior and the qauilty of the product was there.

Now Performance Machine, they can scratch my ***. Don't even get me started on them. they promised me a drive side set up, messed up on the hubs, i had to ship the whole rim and set up back and they wouldn't even pick up the shipping cost. F*CK PM AND ROLAND SANDS! I sent $4k with them, they mess up and I have to pay more.ERRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
And obviously I'm going to install it...I bought it because I liked the look. I don't know why some people get all butt hurt, like they own Heartland and feel the need to defend it.

So? Just because I bought a HD doesn't mean I have to pay out my *** for every product - factory or aftermarket - that I want to put on it.

if you read my post stupid it was to the other numb skull that was cring bout the price i quoted it. just read once and a while

Old 05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
sawinwa
Cruiser

33% markup? Not bad compared to a lot of retail items...

Try apparel... typically more like 100% markup from wholesale to retail. (that's why it's always getting "blown out" at "40% off"!).

How about professional services... your attorney at $300-400-or more an hour, that's probably a 300-400% (or more) markup on what his actual salary + benefits are.

It's all about how the market sector values it's own product, and what the consumer will pay for the perceived value. If you like the product and the price is acceptable to you, then their profit margin really doesn't matter, does it?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
The Weight
Cruiser

Sir, I just talked to heartland and you are indeed a preferred customer...
They prefer you not to buy any more products from them.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
mt325
Tourer

Originally Posted by The Weight
Sir, I just talked to heartland and you are indeed a preferred customer...
They prefer you not to buy any more products from them.
That is funny!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought is was worth it. I payed 1250.00 4 years ago for my fender, leather seat and strut combo. Bought it straight from them and recieved everything at my door within 5 working days. Very happy customer here.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
if you read my post stupid it was to the other numb skull that was cring bout the price i quoted it. just read once and a while
easy there bob, I'm trying to encourage discussion

Quick Reply: Heartland Kit ACTUAL price