Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland Kit ACTUAL price

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did write a little piece on this a few months ago.
Living in the UK these kits are very rare so i wasnt given the luxuary off being able to see one before i ordered so buying this was a leap of faith for me..

I ordered my kit through a middle man who was superb (i was also lucky enough to have ordered when the £ was kicking the $ *** )

I was very disappointed with the chrome rear fender struts as they were all pitted , i went directly to Heartland to get this sorted and quite frankly their customer service stinks !!

My painter was most UNIMPRESSED with the quality off the fenders (he thought they were beaten into shape from an old oil barrel by a blind mexican)

That being said now the kit is all painted and on the bike i think it looks superb but defo not worth the money i was charged,

Pesonally i think Heartland have a limited shelf life if they dont sort out their customer service and re-think their prices and product quality.
Im sure their is someone out their now working on something a lot better..

Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

we need a company to come and give heartland some competition. that's all that's going on with this heartland kit none sense. they are the only ones that have come up with a way to give us the look we want for our bikes and they know it. so they are charging an arm and a leg because there is no competition. it won't last long.

it's only a matter of time before another company catches on and gives them some competition.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I have no compalints as far as customer service with those guys. Shipping was fast and I got a discount on my two up seat for a small mishap in the shipping that was easily taken care of. They went above and beyond on helpin me out. What metal does not need work by the painter? Also, YES the struts are what cost the most because they are worth the $$$ with the capabilities you have of the ride,rack,rest the two up seat and newly introduced saddle bags. There powder coat is top notch on all the parts I got. There turn signals are worth every penny!!!
They are basically gonna run the table on all of us because they can, so suck it up, slap that kit on and let us enjoy those pictures

Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess we need to tell them to lower there price and start making the sh*t in China...

there is a lot more involved in the price of an item then just the cost of goods....

If you don't think it is worth the price you paid... then don't buy it...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really don't understand the complaint, but then again I understand business.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everytime I have had a question, they have told me an intelligent answer....or have called me back when they were able to find out something for me...was sent my kit and it was missing the LED plate light...called and had it two days later...no complaints from me...they have ,as of now more or less, cornered the market with their particular product....someone may very well come along and give them a run for their money, but as it stands there's really no one else...their product IMO is a good product and their service was excellent.... and their tech line very helpful...this is souly based on my experience with the company...I do recommend them

Old 05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
The Weight
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long does it take you to figure out if you want to have sex with a girl or not?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Kski
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said, businesses need to profit from their products. Some have higher profit margins and some have low, it's all in how the owner wants/needs his business to run. Right now people are buying these things like crazy it seems so the owner is obviously going to want to take advantage of the situation and not give the kit away making pennies on the dollar.

If a person wants to get mad at profit margins look at what a Harley dealership makes on a sale made at MSRP. For an 09 Heritage it's roughly 5 thousand dollars in profit just at the dealer level. Add to that number the fact that the dealerships around my area are adding 2 thousand to MSRP (and not budging on that price) and it seems they can't keep bikes in the store. If people are buying why change?

Business is business and we're the consumers who buy into the sh*t.

*EDIT* Funny *** post above by the way.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a 200 kit for sale in the forums here.. $900/used..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...d-200-kit.html

Old 05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Agree with Hogdiver on this one - there is NO reason to buy from Heartland other than it being the "simple" option.

With a little work you can buy all of the parts they supply for quite a bit less in terms of cost and quite a bit more in terms of quality.

I should know - I just did it!!!!

Quick Reply: Heartland Kit ACTUAL price