Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker lowering questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:00 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rocker lowering questions

Just got back from Indy dealer where I had a 2 inch Wild Ones adjustable lowering kit installed. Only got it adjusted to 1 and 1/8" lower ran into trouble with the bumpstop. I see here where some of you guys said you lowered yours a full 2" and me and the indy where wondering how that was accomplished. I know many have said replace stock bumpstop with regular softail bumpstop, but just lowered what we did today there is not much room at all between bumpstop and swingarm. I find it hard to believe that it could be lowered all the way down to 2" without it riding right on the swingarm like a rigid. For now bumpstop is not on the bike, indy had to order regular one, but even with that it is going to be tight. Any of you guys that lowered it full 2" ride 2 up??? If so I bet it bottoms out easily. I only weigh 170 and the wife 115 went for a short ride on smooth road and hit couple of small bumps and it bottomed out. We did adjust pre-load as far as we could but still trying to figure out what you guys did, please help.

Thanks, Sonny T

Old 05-02-2009, 03:11 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKERMAN
Just got back from Indy dealer where I had a 2 inch Wild Ones adjustable lowering kit installed. Only got it adjusted to 1 and 1/8" lower ran into trouble with the bumpstop. I see here where some of you guys said you lowered yours a full 2" and me and the indy where wondering how that was accomplished. I know many have said replace stock bumpstop with regular softail bumpstop, but just lowered what we did today there is not much room at all between bumpstop and swingarm. I find it hard to believe that it could be lowered all the way down to 2" without it riding right on the swingarm like a rigid. For now bumpstop is not on the bike, indy had to order regular one, but even with that it is going to be tight. Any of you guys that lowered it full 2" ride 2 up??? If so I bet it bottoms out easily. I only weigh 170 and the wife 115 went for a short ride on smooth road and hit couple of small bumps and it bottomed out. We did adjust pre-load as far as we could but still trying to figure out what you guys did, please help.

Thanks, Sonny T
don't know if my input will help your certain circumstances or not...i had the heartland kit put on mine and yes it is lowered 2"...the heartland kit did come with a smaller bumpstop...I weigh 220 and have never bottomed it yet...have not tried 2 up yet...seems with my set up I still have more room to go if I wanted to