Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

choose ST Duece or DYna

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Zonian
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: choose ST Duece or DYna

I dont know what is considered tall for Harley's but im just over 6'... Like 33 inseam i think... Sounds like LP's street bob is pretty fast and smoother than his fat boy at speed... Of course that would be hte ticket if you could afford two of your favorite Harleys..lol

Old 05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
tb2377
Tourer

the reason that i think the dynas are faster is the 6 speed trans. the 6 gear is not an overdrive it 1:1 so it a closer ratio transmition. there also is som enginge changes. the head is 10% ferre flowing or somthing like that. i have the sert, a/c, and slip ons, and got 77hp and 77ft of tq on the dyno. not bad. as far what to get, if your going to ride longf distance often, go with a touring bike. just my opinion, love my fxdbi

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/1F7FB78E1923497C82BCBD788767EB2C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Motosurf
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Softtail Bob

The 6-speed would have a little lowwer 1st gear I would think but could be wrong. If it does this would offer a little more out of the hole, but the real performance would come from the 95" kit they have alread installed. Then once your are up to speed the 6th gear will just make things even more smooth. I know with my hard mounted motor at speeds above 70 things really start to wear on me over the long haul. The new dyna is rubber mounted and has the true 6-speed so I would think this would all equate to a smooooth ride at 80mph.

I don't even select sixth gear until I am at least 70mph and it is smooth. Below that it feels like the motor is slightly lugging. A 95' would make it rock!

06 FXDBI

Old 05-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Deuce

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]

Old 05-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

I always wanted a Deuce and was about to purchase a 2003 SE Duece but the Street Bob caught my attention. After that I have no regrets. Now the wife, she wishes I would of bought a bike with 2-up seating. You can get a different seat for the bob and pass foot pegs but I think it takes a lot away from the look of the bob. This is my angle to get a Road King. Either way, you'l be happy. The bob will vibrate more and I have had numb fingers from long rides (6 hours +) but nothing time won't heal. The bob is a quick, unique, and affordable ride. You can't go wrong with it. Just don't get denim black. I want mine to stay unique. I did hear a rumor that the deuce was going to be discontinued. So, if you want one I'd say wait to see what 07 brings and get one. I believe the new 07's will be revieled in July.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:00 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say Ducee but the choic is yours what are your long trem plans (how much bling, ect) I can tell you longer rides will be more comfortable on a Softail. Go to dealer and test ride both, you plan on riding 2 up? How tall are you, find the bike that fits you. Either way you cant go wrong, heck your riding a Harley what else could you ask for?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
streetbob6
Banned

ORIGINAL: Zonian

Well Ive always had metric bikes and my last one was a vtx 1300... Ive considered gettign the road star but i dont really love the looks of of the one style..And to be honest I just want the bike with sound and looks of american history...and I love harley's... Anyways I dont konw much about Harleys and what i like about metrics is their supposed reliability. The two bikes Ive decided on are the Duece or the Street Bob... What i guess i really want is a bike i can ride on long trips and not have issues with to much vibration... But as im sure you will let me konw i dont really konw what im talking aobut..LOL I actually like the looks of the Duece better, I just dont know what are the big differences if any... I hope you can set me straight!..lol

I HAD A 92 SPORSTERS , 2 FATBOYS AND 3 DYNAS THE THIRD IS A 2006 STREETBOB , AFTER RIDING THESE MODELS I COME TO TERMS THAT SOFTAILS SUCK BIG TIME, RUBBER MOUNT IS THE WAY THE GO

Old 06-24-2006, 01:27 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

This one isn't even close, get the Deuce. Have you seen both bikes in person?? There is no comparison. The Deuce is totally a class or two above the street bob. Street bob is stripped down and lacking in the chrome department. The Deuce is a beauty.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:17 PM
pro1955
Road Captain

I agree the Street Bob just looks like an entry level bike.
ORIGINAL: atomic

This one isn't even close, get the Deuce. Have you seen both bikes in person?? There is no comparison. The Deuce is totally a class or two above the street bob. Street bob is stripped down and lacking in the chrome department. The Deuce is a beauty.