Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
rotorhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Power Commander V

I got my PC V today and will install it tomorrow. I have a 06 Deluxe with Hooker Rebel longs and Arlen Ness airfilter. I cant wait! Is there a difference is power that I will be able to feel? Hopefully it will take care of my bluing issue with my pipes.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:31 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i gained alot and cool engine but only after paying for a dyno tune, canned maps are not always close

Old 04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
nlando
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tk353
i gained alot and cool engine but only after paying for a dyno tune, canned maps are not always close
I just received my PC V, True Duals with fishtails, and stage 1 A/C, and will be putting them on soon. I thought the preloaded map from FuelMoto was all I needed, but now you have put some doubt in my mind.

Are these maps not developed to get optimum performance from the setup? I have read that dyno tuning is only as good as the guy running the tuner. How does one find a good one?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Crossbones
Road Master

fuelmoto does a very good job of getting things right (or at least close), but the best way is to get it dialed in by dyno. ask around, there are several good tuners around that should help you. you could run yours to see how it behaves since you just laid out some serious change, and if it still doesn't feel right go for the dyno.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for those that install PCV on a pre 2009 HD you need to make sure that the you get the right map to retro-fit the PCV to earlier years, since the PCV was made for 2009 and after models.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nlando
I just received my PC V, True Duals with fishtails, and stage 1 A/C, and will be putting them on soon. I thought the preloaded map from FuelMoto was all I needed, but now you have put some doubt in my mind.

Are these maps not developed to get optimum performance from the setup? I have read that dyno tuning is only as good as the guy running the tuner. How does one find a good one?
you are right in trying to find a good dyno tuner. That is why i went to thumdermax and not wanting to pay for a second dyno tune. The can maps will be about 90 to 95% right on most stag1 bikes if you have a map for your beather bike and exhaust. For performace the dyno tune is the want to go but if you cost in a dyno tune and a fuel mamagement you are at the price of thundermax and you dont need to find a good tuner and if you make a change you dont have to pay to get another tune. I did mine backwards and had a good tune and a pciii. later i added pipes and a thundermax i got used for 450, about 100 more than what a dyno tune would cost.
go with your canned map and if it has issues or if you want perfection, you can then pay for a dyno tune

Old 04-26-2009, 01:11 AM
nlando
Tourer

Thanks for the advice. I will see how it runs and take it from there. I have heard good things from FuelMoto, and when I bought from them, I was told it was no issue to run the V on pre 09 models, and that they have several configurations already mapped out.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:11 AM
nlando
Tourer

Originally Posted by rotorhead
I got my PC V today and will install it tomorrow. I have a 06 Deluxe with Hooker Rebel longs and Arlen Ness airfilter. I cant wait! Is there a difference is power that I will be able to feel? Hopefully it will take care of my bluing issue with my pipes.
Your setup should run cooler, so likely to help with the blue pipe issue.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Qckfr
Novice
Default PCV Performance

Like you, I just installed the PCV, Long Rebels and AN BS on my 08 Deluxe. Special thanks to MKE125125 and others for helping me through the exhaust leaks on the Rebel clamps!

First let me say that I highly recommend Jamie and Keith at Fuelmoto.

I am getting some minor decel pop but bike runs well and sounds great. I will call Jamie next week to see how and if I should change any settings to eliminate the occasional pop. Not enough seat time with setup to comment on performance. I can say that I haven't noticed any dramatic improvement.

Install was clean and simple. Feel free to email any questions. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

PC-V good choice. and I agree Jamie and Keith at FuelMoto know what they're doing.

Quick Reply: Power Commander V