Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic Solo Deuce FXSTD Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Bull_Duck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Classic Solo Deuce FXSTD Seat Questions

I bought a Corbin Classic Solo seat for my 2000 Deuce. It's got the chrome studs like in this picture:

Now with my Road Glide, I can dedicate my Deuce to solo riding. I've been sitting on a big Corbin Dual Tour saddle since way back when I bought the bike, like in this picture:

The Corbin Solo changes the look of the Deuce in a major positive way. Problem is, the seat can't bolt to the frame without a bracket. It did not come with the new seat. I phoned Corbin and they said I needed a "U" bracket that should have come with the seat, and that they don't sell the bracket separately from the seat.

So, where do I get the "U" bracket? What do I need in the way of parts to get the Corbin Solo sitting right on my Deuce?

My Corbin Solo has a steel bracket extending out the back about one inch. Is this for attachment of a pillion? I was not looking to add a pillion. Any thoughts? The pillions I have seen on ebay are about $200. Where less expensive?

Suggestions on fender bibs instead of a pillion? Vendors? What works with a Corbin Solo.

I got a great price for a new Corbin Solo on ebay. Awsome seat. Looking around the Internet I see that vendors are dumping their Deuce items, including Corbin seats. Out of production, no new bikes to hop up, only replacement, so cutting back on warehousing I suppose.

Lots of questions. Thanks in advance.