Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you required to take your bike to the dealer you purchased it from

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Default RE: Are you required to take your bike to the dealer you purchased it from

There is a law about that too. Thats something you can call HD on...... If it puts you mind at ease.. I bought my bikes 150 miles away and get them serviced at about three different places depending in what I'm wanting done.
Sometimes you have to be a pitbull with these guys. I've once told a guy... "hey look, don't you get paid to service warranty items on bikes?...yes then what the hell are you looking at me for...roll that bike in there..."
If you act like you wont leave they'll do something right away...........good luck

ORIGINAL: lapisblue

Will another dealer turn you away because you bought from the dealer 20 miles down the road?. My thoughts were another dealer might just say take it back to where you bought it........Or do they even care about that?

Old 05-07-2006, 11:46 AM
jrb384
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you required to take your bike to the dealer you purchased it from

this may be off topic a bit, but i always wondered about this myself, and if I owned a dealership, I would not turn you away, I would fix your bike stock or not, and just charge the warranty work to harley and rack up on repair bills. doesnt that make sense? i seriously doubt harley corporation comes to check each repair job.

I would go to a different dealer, or to a harley certified repair shop.

jb

Old 05-07-2006, 01:33 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

My 25's are going in on Tuesday. I called my high school buddy and had him make a call to the dealership that was trying to side step the issue. He is a bigshot with the HD MoCo for 25 years now. He is the one that gave me the news about HD dropping the (FLST/I, FXSTS/I, FXDC/I) model bikes.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Ask him if the 07 touring bikes are going to have a 6 speed.... please?

ORIGINAL: lapisblue

My 25's are going in on Tuesday. I called my high school buddy and had him make a call to the dealership that was trying to side step the issue. He is a bigshot with the HD MoCo for 25 years now. He is the one that gave me the news about HD dropping the (FLST/I, FXSTS/I, FXDC/I) model bikes.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Zonian
6th Gear

I cant wait to hear how those guys come up with a story as to why they will do hte work for you now... tell us all about it..lol