Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for quality horsepower / torque mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
krazn8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHAZMANIAN-----

That T-man stage 3 95" should be crazy with TQ & HWP down here in Texas....

Are these dyno charts on T-mans website REAR WHEEL data, or at the crank data?

Thanks for all the advice guys - everyone..........

Last edited by krazn8; 05-29-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
krazn8
Intermediate

Last edited by krazn8; 05-29-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krazn8
CHAZMANIAN-----

That T-man stage 3 95" should be crazy with TQ & HWP down here in Texas....

Thanks for all the advice guys - everyone..........

That stage 3 elite will be badass at sealevel. With a Carb? I'm jealous as fvck!
Are these dyno charts on T-mans website REAR WHEEL data, or at the crank data?
T-Mans dyno runs are at the wheel with the bike sitting on a dyno. Now remeber those are always gonna be best possible case scenarios and your pipe choice, jetting specs etc will play a big role as will your tuning shops dyno and its condition. Broke dyno = huge numbers.

Fact is you have a Harley that kicks out 100/100 on both ends and you will have one fun to ride bike!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chazmanian,

The heads were ported at the time I had the work done. I had a friend who was helping me with this and he knew what he was doing. I was learning but he has since moved. Sorry for not including the heads were ported. I didnt realize the difference between the stage 2 and 3 hence my question. Like I said Im not very knowledgable when it comes to engine work on these things. I am learning a lot from your posts and thanks for that.

Ive been riding for 15 years and I guess its about time to learn a little about what moves these things.

Below is the sheet form the dyno.

Last edited by Reino_79; 05-30-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Reino_79
Chazmanian,

The heads were ported at the time I had the work done. I had a friend who was helping me with this and he knew what he was doing. I was learning but he has since moved. Sorry for not including the heads were ported. I didnt realize the difference between the stage 2 and 3 hence my question. Like I said Im not very knowledgable when it comes to engine work on these things. I am learning a lot from your posts and thanks for that.

Ive been riding for 15 years and I guess its about time to learn a little about what moves these things.

Below is the sheet form the dyno.

I knew you had headwork from the numbers you stated.....I didnt want to call you a Fibber as I assumed maybe you had bought the bike used and the guy before you had it done up and didnt tell ya?

That steep *** TQ curve ya' got their looks like a blast! Your tuner couldnt tune out that dip at 3000-3500 cuz' of the fishtails I assume? That thing is ripping. I wouldnt even touch it. Keep it reliable and keep your crank alive to fight another day...All your bike needs is a full tank of gas and an open road to go get its groove on.

Nice.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct, he did say he couldnt get that dip out cause of the pipes. The bike is a blast and I love it. It does guzzle gas a bit though, but very worth the extra gas. Im not planning on doing anymore to the engine until time comes where I have to. Thanks for the compliment and thanks very much for the great info you have provided and schooled me on.

One more question though, From what Ive read I think I know but want to confirm, because I have the heads ported this would be considered a stage 3 build?

Thanks,
Chuck

Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Your bike technically became a stage 3 bike the minute those heads were altered. You also have a compression boost as they milled the heads when they were ported and probably installed a thinner base gasket and adjustable pushrods. Once in a while you hear of a stocker 96 with the right cams real good pipes and a crafty tuner that can break 100TQ. Just not veddy often that a stage 2 bike can do 1.1 Lbs per CI without headwork and or raising the stock compression.

I read about a guy that hit 110 Lbs of TQ on a set of unmolested stock heads on a Rocker with a Power Commando, Bagger cams, pipes and an AC. He didnt post the dyno sheet so I assumed he was telling a big fish story?? Not very likely to happen though and verging on mechanically impossible.

The other things that could be done on that stage 3 build would be to add a set of aftermarket pistons, stroker crank,Welded and balanced crank, compression releases, larger throttle body, higher flowing injectors,Trick cam plates, trick cam bearings, trick valve guide seals..etc..etc.

Its just a matter of how fast you wanna go Vs' what you wanna spend and how much long term reliability you want. Adding lots of compression to make lots of power needs other stuff to go with it to keep the thing from failing prematurely.

Dont feel bad about the Guzzle Bro. Its SOP when youre on a modified Twin Cammer I get about 120 miles to a full tank around town and my bike is tuned lean comparitively due to my altitude!

Last edited by Chazmanian; 05-30-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM
krazn8
Intermediate
Default OCC cartoon

OCC pic

Chazmanian, Thats a great OCC cartoon - can you e-mail it to me?