Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how are the neighbours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 10:19 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

None of my neighbors have ever said anything, so I'll have to assume they don't mind. If they do mind, then they need to grow a pair and tell me.

I used to coast down the hill before firing it up, then let it warm up on the ride the rest of the way down. Now my bike is to low to get the speed up to crest the cul-de-sac, because my pipes would scrape leaving my driveway. I make sure I get going shortly after starting it up, and pretty much idle to the bottom of the hill.

Old 04-17-2009 | 12:00 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Changed my pipes

Had a neighbor yell at me from a block over before 9:00 P.M. to shut the f-ing bike off, and I was just getting the bike from the driveway to the garage to put it away after washing it, and I was not ripping the gas either. I ws running V&H BSS with baffles in.
I figure the guy was an a-- because he had no ***** to come over and say something to me in person.

Anyway, I went for the Fatcats, they are not as loud and bike got a trq boost.

Cheers,

Mark

Old 04-17-2009 | 03:18 AM
TheNotchDeux
Advanced

I try to be as quiet as possible leaving for work in the morning, so no complaints yet after almost 3 years. However, all my neighbors are Germans; probably not to keen to upset the American. WWII is still fresh in the mind around here :-)

Old 04-17-2009 | 04:56 AM
Miami Veith
Tourer

I just got my Hooker Rebels on and am still on midnight shift. I leave the house around 11 p so I dont think its a big deal to the neighbors. My wife has more of a problem than anyone..."Dont Wake the Baby!" I push it out into the street and then put down the street until Im out of the neighborhood. However I'm goin to day shift in a couple of weeks and leaving the house at 5 a might upset some of the neighbors. Oh well I guess we'll see...

Old 04-17-2009 | 05:39 AM
dc4stroke
Road Captain

neighbors ? .........Who we talkin' bout?
I don't have any neibhors.

Old 04-17-2009 | 09:10 AM
Damage_Inc
Tourer

I've had the Bassani Pro-streets on for a few weeks now and nobody's said a thing to me but I doubt they would anyway. I leave at 6:am so I don't idle more than 10 seconds and I 2nd gear crawl until I'm on the main road out to the highway. That's the best I can do,It's still very loud but I figure a little respect goes a long way.

Old 04-17-2009 | 12:53 PM
richie t.
Advanced

lol i love this thread. the funny thing is just last night i was bbqn, sorry no leftovers, and heard one of my neighbors fire up his/her scoot. it wasnt just for a little while. after a few minutes i looked at my wife and shes like, i see that grin, just keep enjoying ur cigar and keep an eye on the food. NOPE... couldnt resist! i fired up my baby and started to let her breathe a little... lol! did i mention she was in her little garage so it was even louder?
as for the rest of the neighbors, the lady on the left is a nag so i dont even worry bout her and on the right, they dont mind. plus im just 1 of a bunch of loud bikes around here so no1 really minds. my friends and i are very considerate when its l8 or early in the morn.

Old 04-17-2009 | 01:38 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

I live in South Baltimore. Lots of row houses and they sit right on the sidewalk. You can hear a whisper it bounces off all the buildings so bad.

I've had my NT for almost 3 weeks. I was putting it away last night and one of the neighbors was walking down the alley to his house.

He complimented me on the bike and said he can always tell when I'm home. Didn't seem to mind though. Downtown Baltimore you learn to tune all that stuff out: sirens, trains, crackheads, police helicopters hovering over your neighborhood, even Harleys.

Old 04-17-2009 | 01:46 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=steven.c.ball@gmail.com;4877278]I've had my NT for almost 3 weeks.quote]

Oh ya. And that's with the stock exhaust. Just wait till I make that upgrade .