Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how are the neighbours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 04:31 PM
r00k
Road Warrior

When i have to leave for somewhere early I'll push the bike to the end of the block.

Only had the neighbor complain once, but then again we were also working in the driveway and had to have my friends kiwi run for 15-20 minutes. The lady said "you know it's illegal to work on your car or motorcycle in the town" My response was basically "I know thats not true, I'll be happy to make concessions for you but please don't lie to me." She walked off in a huff, knowing that she got caught BSing.

Old 04-15-2009 | 05:16 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter

BiggDog

Being a Cop definitely helps. Hope your not one of the few that Hoboken are looking to cut back. I have been trying to get in dispatch in my town (and surrounding) for about 6 months now.

Nah, I'm good. Been on for a while now, so I am not in that group. Personally, I don't think it's gonna happen (for many reasons), but it's all good.

Good luck with dispatching. A bunch of our guys are former dispatchers. It's a GREAT way to learn the in's and out's of the job.

Old 04-15-2009 | 06:29 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer

I rode a 95 in Lowrider with V & H pipes with no baffles for the last 9 years. That bike had an awesome sound and would wake the dead. Now I have a 103in Rocker also with V & H pipes but this time I cut the baffles in 1/2 so I have something in there, though they are still pretty loud. My RK just has slip ons so its really quiet. To me anyway. My neighbors are split - 1/2 love it and 1/2 hate it. Several have Harleys ( though I am the one that gets grief even if it was them ) - One has a loud crotch rocket so he can't say anything. But - my 2 closest neighbors on either side of my house both hate it. One is an old lady who complaines about everything. Her daughters BF has a Harley and shes cool but the old lady hates it. My neighbor on the other side is just angry at the world. As me if I care what either one thinks ............

Old 04-15-2009 | 07:30 PM
Chips
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
I rode a 95 in Lowrider with V & H pipes with no baffles for the last 9 years. That bike had an awesome sound and would wake the dead. Now I have a 103in Rocker also with V & H pipes but this time I cut the baffles in 1/2 so I have something in there, though they are still pretty loud. My RK just has slip ons so its really quiet. To me anyway. My neighbors are split - 1/2 love it and 1/2 hate it. Several have Harleys ( though I am the one that gets grief even if it was them ) - One has a loud crotch rocket so he can't say anything. But - my 2 closest neighbors on either side of my house both hate it. One is an old lady who complaines about everything. Her daughters BF has a Harley and shes cool but the old lady hates it. My neighbor on the other side is just angry at the world. As me if I care what either one thinks ............
you got it reds. some poor souls just like to complain.
...complaint-du-jour could be anything.

generally the responses here show bikers who take their neighbours into consideration. That's good....good neighbours are good 2 have.

the 'bottle of wine' was a gr8 idea.....and u'r right...a little consideration goes a long way with most people.

Interesting... some of you have a neighbour like I have....they don't have a bike but like the Harley sound.

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:51 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I have 2 in my condo's that just hate the bike the rest don't seem to mind it. I go slow till I get to the road. Hey I can't please everyone

Old 04-15-2009 | 11:01 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

my neighbors are cool. in fact, they make more noise than me on a daily basis

Old 04-16-2009 | 06:44 AM
Mrawsome21
Cruiser

My neighbor actually liked my bike because he said it kept him from oversleeping. We actually worked together, so I was sure to roll on the throttle on my way to work to make sure he made it on time.

Old 04-16-2009 | 06:47 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master

My neighbors to my left are selling there house because of myself and 2 other roomates, but my neighbors to my right and across the street love the bikes even when Im coming home at 3am from my 2nd job.

Old 04-16-2009 | 07:53 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

you can tell it is too loud when you idle down the road at 10mph at 11pm and all the lights on the houses come on as you pass them

Old 04-16-2009 | 09:13 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter

My neighbors to my left are selling there house because of myself and 2 other roomates

Well that's not something to be proud of...

Quick Reply: how are the neighbours?