Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how are the neighbours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:25 AM
bogman
Cruiser

Take it hand around my location, drive it on otherwise except in town where the civvies scurry for cover :-)
V&H large radius

Attached Thumbnails how are the neighbours?-bild5390-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009 | 08:42 AM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

My both neighbors on either side of me ride we all ride together so I am good no problems.

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:49 AM
a4x4high
Advanced

I only have one neighbor complain and he lives 2 blocks away. I guess when I come past his house the pipes are to loud and the sound of my board scrappin the road startles him and makes him spill his beer on his shirt.He actually stopped some friends of mine and told them to keep the noise down they told him ok we will go right home and change are pipes just for you shut the ***k up .He doesnt bother me now.

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:09 AM
GoateeInTheWind
Intermediate

I leave early and was concerned because we live on a lake so it's like being in the bottom of a bowl. I always made sure to come in and out "gently", but asked my neighbors if there was ever an issue. They all said it never seemed too loud and they appreaciated me coming in and out the way I do. The one lady next to me actually asked me if I wouldn't mind rapping it off once and a while... turns out she's an old biker chick (she's now been a nurse for nearly 30 years) and she misses the sound. She said when I pass her on the highway she always puts her window down to get the full effect! I think as long as your cool and remember to respect others there's never a problem. It's the chuckleheads who think they're impressing or intimidating others by riding full out through the neighborhood or rapping off between shifts that cause grief (ie implementation and or enforcement of decible laws) for the rest of us.

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:29 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

So far so good. The ones right next to me, one rides as well (though Jap) the lady to the left has the hots for me lol and those accross don;t seem to mind, we have a few more HDs on the block further away. I try not to let it rip to much when driving in my neighborhood and so far no complaints

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:34 AM
anubisss
Banned

I live in an apartment building and do my best to be quiet coming and going. I am yet to have a complaint and my pipes are really loud. Of course I am also the manager, but if there was a problem I assume that people would say something. When I leave early I roll it across the street and ride it a block away to let it warm up, especially on Sunday's. Am I too considerate? I think not.

Old 04-15-2009 | 10:06 AM
Called2Duty
Road Captain

several ( 4or5) riders in my neighborhood no complaints yet, however there are 3 leo's who really watch out for the neighborhood and keep things relatively quiet, guess I have to report myself if they did...

Old 04-15-2009 | 10:09 AM
Marblemania
Road Master

Having consideration for your neighbors is what keeps Peace in the neighborhood.
Else: (see photo below)

Attached Thumbnails how are the neighbours?-house_for_sale_by_owner.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009 | 10:28 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

I get each next door neighbor a bottle of wine for xmas with a thank you card for putting up with by bike. I try to pull out quick and warm up putting out of the neighborhood.

They have all told me it does not bother them, one even looked at me strangely and said "But it's your transportation".

A little courtesy goes a long way, especially when the houses are packed in like sardines where mine is. This goes for more than just the bike, we keep an eye each others houses, roll in the cans for each other. I have an audience of local kids when I wash the bike. I enjoy having a good relationship with the neighbors, it's just having that many more people helping cover your six.

Old 04-15-2009 | 10:50 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter

Well, I am generally very courteous, i.e.- I roll away or don't crack the trottle till I am well down the street. Also, I'm a cop, so folks are less inclined to say anything.

Quick Reply: how are the neighbours?