Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swingarm bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009 | 06:43 PM
m-roma19
|
4th Gear
Default swingarm bags

thinking about getting one or two swingarm bags for my new crossbones. wondering how they work out, do they scrape? can they fit anything in them? how is the mounting system, does it alwyas have to be tightened or does it fit good?

thanks for your input

Old 04-14-2009 | 09:26 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

it's one of the better "mods" I've done to my Fatboy. I got one from Garage Leather... it's the single nickel clasp one. it works great for what i use it for. I keep a ball cap, couple of bungee cords and a small bpttle of sunscreen in it. I've never had any trouble from mine - and get OHS and AHS when folks see it.

Old 04-14-2009 | 09:36 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

I'd love to get the one from HogDeluxe, but my bike is too low and it would be riding on the pipe.

Old 04-14-2009 | 09:44 PM
anubisss
Banned

I have fishtails and have one. I bought it with a custom made mounting bracket that mounts to the rear foot peg hole and one of the strut bolts. Works great and doesn't come anywhere near my pipe. I have read that some people who attached the bag via the straps to the swingarm have experienced the paint on the swingarm wearing off from the rubbing. If I were to attach it that way I would wrap electrical tape around the swingarm first. I don't know who made mine, but it is handy. I carry a tool kit, extra gloves, clear glasses, bandannas, earplugs, and whatever else strikes my fancy in it.

Old 04-14-2009 | 10:00 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

anubisss, need a pic of that bracket man.

Old 04-14-2009 | 10:01 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WARG
anubisss, need a pic of that bracket man.
I'll second that. If I can't find one, I'll make one, but I'd like to get an idea of how it works.

Old 04-14-2009 | 10:32 PM
fojenx
Novice

I had one on my 08 Fatboy and made a 4000 mile trip with it. I initially used the straps that came with it, but the bag would tend to fall/slide down, I then used some tie wraps which helped. But I found that U-bolts with felt strips worked the best. If you are interested, I still have the bag and would make a great deal on it. It's black with a some cross stitching that went well w/ the fatboy's mexican stitch. Not exact match, but goes well. Just let me know. FYI - I got the bag off ebay and it's made by LaRosa.

Last edited by fojenx; 04-14-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention - I added the hard bags so I can't use it.
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:13 AM
jisham
Cruiser

I have the LaRosa bag and replaced the leather fasteners with large Velcro strips I got at Home Depot.

Old 04-15-2009 | 05:36 AM
the money pit
Banned

jisham not be off subject but I got that same helmet ... LOL ... larosa makes a nice bag but I have heard that the buckles are just to much if your in and out of the bag alot

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:35 AM
dusty2221
Road Master

I have a Leatherworks and love it. The buckles are the quick disconnect and they are adjustable. I keep a few tools in the bottom, but on a daily basis I stuff my chaps, gloves and long sleeve shirt in there. It took a few times to "get it right: as far as how to fit it, but it can be done. Mine is the XL one they sell. It's great for carrying a rain suit too!

Quick Reply: swingarm bags