Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.

Stole this photo from Grumpez....Hope ya dont mind!

After much consideration, performance, blackness and differentness I have really been on the fence as to which 2-1 system to run on my Train. Whilst the chrome BSS's are cool I'm tired of the look and wanting to do something different with the black spoked wheels i'm installing next week.

I did some shopping around and whilst close on the D&D Low Cat in black I couldnt stop eyeing the Rinehart. The Rinehart is a bit longer and should have similiar performance fugures once retuned and dynoed. I also looked at the Bassani Road Rage with the short muffler but it dosent come with heat shields and the total damage pricewise once shielded was staggering!! Like in the over $700 club.

The RB racing pipes are about as trick as they get but once again the $700+ cost was just too high.

The Lowcat was a tad under $700 shipped as well. Ouch.

So I stumbled across a Rinehart that was hanging on the wall from American Classics. It had some scratches and didnt have a box. They had it priced at $559.00 which is a good chunk off the $715.00 retail price. I called and the one off the wall had been sold. I gave it some thought and called back. They offered me a new in the box one for $520.00 with free shipping.

It would look like this but in black. I dig the blingtastic Rinehart end cap and I like the fact that it comes with heat shields!

Here is the Rinehart 2-1 in chrome on a fellow members Duece. I Think I dig it. Anyone have a thought on this?

The black one I'm wanting!

I'm just burned out on the BSS. Everybody has em. I have them sold for dern near what I paid for em. $40.00 loss. Tuner buddy offered to redyno and tune my bike free of charge! (In exchange for constant plugs:http://www.sr-tuning.us/)

My bike in its current state which is pre-black 60 spoke wheels front and rear.

Ironically I rarely even photo the piped side of my bike as I cant stand those pretty boy BSS "Poseur" pipes.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a vance and hines pro pipe on mine. You should look into the new one they came out with in their competition series for softails. It comes in black ceramic, my boy just bought one looks and sounds awesome. They are a little on the pricy side but he is the only one ive seen with this pipe. Also they have a big radius 2 to 1 that comes in black, but once again a little pricy. But the performance is unreal.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Dirty Fxstd
I run a vance and hines pro pipe on mine. You should look into the new one they came out with in their competition series for softails. It comes in black ceramic, my boy just bought one looks and sounds awesome. They are a little on the pricy side but he is the only one ive seen with this pipe. Also they have a big radius 2 to 1 that comes in black, but once again a little pricy. But the performance is unreal.
I'm an absolute believer in the V&H Comp pipes.....Its just that they arent shielded and will not look good for very long!

Like if I had a black V&H Comp pipe I would have to wrap it and wrapping isnt on my list of stuff to do!

The thing thats drawing me to the Rinehart is the ceramic coated heat shields and the endcap.

Fvck I like that endcap on those biatches!!

They do not make the pro-pipe in black yet so it was out right away.

Gotta be black. Gotta be in the low $500 price range.

All roads are leading to Riney.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chaz,
I 102% agree with you BSS pikes are on 7 out of 10 HD's in every parking lot and poker run. I also got a good return when selling mine on E-Bay. I went with Python 2 into 1 in chrome. Now I wish I would have went black.
Danny D

Attached Thumbnails This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.-black-left-rear.jpg   This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.-rightside.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM
spikehyre
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO IT!!!!! That would look great in black and the price is nice.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Markusm
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drool,,,drool,,, I ve been wanted a pair 0 those in black
ever since I seen the add in easyrider, many months ago
dam those pipes are sweet.
now only if I had a job.......

Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's some insight on big end caps on slammed bikes; they drag.. A LOT.. lol.. I put the V&H 2-1 BR on mine and that thing drags pretty good even on turns that aren't real sharp.. From the looks of the pic, the Rinehart is about as low if not a little lower.. Be prepared to flatten out that end cap.. This is one reason I've been looking at the Low Cat but like you I'm having a hard time with the price so I think I'm stayin with what I got..

Last edited by Rail; 04-14-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Done Deal. Pipes are enroute. $520.00 shipped with Bung plugggers. Couldnt pass on that for a new unopened box.

I also have some endcapper concerns and scrapage but my Big Shots Staggereds are pretty close so I figure???

Black spoked wheels should go well.

I will post dyno numbers comparing the Riney's to the Big Shizzles staggereds.

Man I wont miss those Poseur BSS pipes a bit....Errr Anyone got any tips on shining and caring for that Rinehart endcap

Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I think that Rinehart 2 into1 looks awesome in black, and cant wait to see it on the bike ! Sounds like an awesome price too.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by jaysonL
I think that Rinehart 2 into1 looks awesome in black, and cant wait to see it on the bike ! Sounds like an awesome price too.

The price pushed me over the edge as the black 2-1 Rinehart's seem to be selling in the $700 range at every online place I price checked. One place had em' fer' $750!! Thats straight madness. No thats straight RB racing pipe money there.

For the price I couldnt resist.

Quick Reply: This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.