Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 AM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Your gonna love it. i just put it on my 08 train in black. I went with it cause ive never seen someone else with one and wanted something different. IMHO its on of the best lookin 2-1 pipes. My bike is lowered 2" rear and i lean it over pretty good and havent scraped it yet. Seems like this exhaust is mounted a little higher than most another reason i went with it. But OH Man does it sound good even with stock cams. Just got the bikeback from gettin woods tw6-6 cams in and got a pretty big $h!t eating grin on my face. I will try to get some pics tonite for you guys. Can someone post them for me tho?

Last edited by mstng5point0; 04-15-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mstng5point0
Your gonna love it. i just put it on my 08 train in black. I went with it cause ive never seen someone else with one and wanted something different. IMHO its on of the best lookin 2-1 pipes. My bike is lowered 2" rear and i lean it over pretty good and havent scraped it yet. Seems like this exhaust is mounted a little higher than most another reason i went with it. But OH Man does it sound good even with stock cams. Just got the bikeback from gettin woods tw6-6 cams in and got a pretty big $h!t eating grin on my face. I will try to get some pics tonite for you guys. Can someone post them for me tho?
PM them to me if you can and I will post them....

Or you can E-Mail em to chucksls@comcast.net

I gotta see how they look on yer scoot!

I'm hoping for a little less noise than I get with the Big Shots. I took advantage of the low rates and depressed market and I bought in a quieter more upscale hood'. Moving in this weekend and dont wanna cause to much of a ruckus...

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-15-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Chaz, Glad to see your getting the new look you want!, you have a bitchn bike the way it sits and it don't look like no poser scoot, I know the BSS's are def getting played out, thats why i got BSL's,, i like all the black sh!^ too... just wondering how some chrome pipes make you a poser man,?!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

LOL.... I was actually picking on myself for going with the rineharts which I view as the ultimate poseur pipe.

What I typed was
Man I wont miss those Poseur BSS pipes a bit....Errr Anyone got any tips on shining and caring for that Rinehart endcap

Hence picking on myself for being pulled in by the Rinehart blingtastic billet endcap and overall "RUB" (Rich Urban Biker) flavor that the Rineharts have. The V&H's are the workingmans answer to a great looking pipe for a great price.......The Rinehart line seems to be a price dosent seem relevant thing going on....Because by Gawd Rinehart helps build Nascar exhaust? Pfffft.

I would have never paid the $756.00 that the black 2-1 are selling for online. Not ever. I'm a "PUB" Poor Urban Biker!!

Thanks for the compliment on my scoot Duty. You know your Chit is cracka-lackin as well. Sheese were it not for the black wheels I'm putting on? I may have very well rode off into the sunset with my BSS rumbling and rippin!

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-15-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Didnt get a chance to take any pics today. Ended up being way to busy. I will try to get some tomarrow. I duno how quiet you want but mine are pretty loud. with my woods cams in now they sound amazing really bark at you.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

you got one of the top five systems, when I was looking at 2-1 pipes last month to go with new cam I never found the set that said buy me. so I didn't change, I studied most of the 2-1's and never found the sound and look I wanted... several articles I read said in order, D&D fatcat, thunderheader, supertrapp, V&H pros, Rhineharts.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by oct1949
you got one of the top five systems, when I was looking at 2-1 pipes last month to go with new cam I never found the set that said buy me. so I didn't change, I studied most of the 2-1's and never found the sound and look I wanted... several articles I read said in order, D&D fatcat, thunderheader, supertrapp, V&H pros, Rhineharts.

My issue was simple economics on my choice. Keep in mind my opinion's and twisted logic is probably not shared or agreed with by others.

The fatcat in the black low version? $700 bucks!! I wasnt gonna drop that much coin. Too close to RB LSR Pipe money there.

The thunderheader is just too long and crazy for me. I just dislike how they look on anything but a bagger. Sonny Barger may love em? I do not.

The supertrapp was cool but all those discs and crap going on? When I look at the Trapp it reminds me of a pipe that should be on a mid 70's CBR750. I couldnt do it.

They do not make a V&H pro pipe in black and I aint fitting to paint or powdercoat a new $600 pipe. I really like the V&H build quality and know that the Pro makes as much power as anything out there of not more. They do make the Comp outlaw pipe in black but without heatshields? $750 avg price? Heck no.

Now that left me with Bassani's black 2-1? No heat shields and they are $450-500? Then the shields are another $125-$150? No good. Made them cost more than I felt they were worth to me.

The RB racing is hawtness. I dont even know if they have heat shields they cost too derned much and you have to wait while they build yours? Too exclusive a club for my poor ***.

Left me with the Rineharts....Black ones are selling for $750 everywhere you look. Had heat shields. Had blingtastic end cap. Nice thick ceramic black coating....Hmmm They sold them to me for $520.00

I had to jump on that.

If I hate em?

They will sell for $450.00 on Craigslist and I get to go shop for another set of pipes!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gonna look sexy Chaz, can't wait for the pics

Old 04-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Xuallus
gonna look sexy Chaz, can't wait for the pics

Thanks, I will post up when all the changes are done. Black 60 spokes, Long Boy front fender, pipes, custom sewn Money pit solo bag.

Then I'm done. Gonna start saving up fer' a Bones!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Thanks, I will post up when all the changes are done. Black 60 spokes, Long Boy front fender, pipes, custom sewn Money pit solo bag.

Then I'm done. Gonna start saving up fer' a Bones!
I think you mean, "then I'm starting over" lol

Quick Reply: This Rinehart 2-1 in black on my Night Train.