Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland BEST Prices ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnK-NJ
I had a very good experiance with Heartlands customer service. Maybe you just caught them at a bad time, not that is your fault.
Guys, i caught them 3 times in bad time.....thats just enough for me. But maybe they dont care about people outside U.S.

Anyway just example from yesterday when i contacted lifestyle cycles to buy carlini bars. I have at same day answer with all i need - thats what i am talking about.

Anyway, my purpose is not to put **** on anyone, i was just dissapointed. No doubt thier products are top quaility.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScReaMnEagLE22
I contacted Heartland regarding one of their kits, and they didn't seem to budge on the prices at all. I dont expect to get the stuff for free, But I dont want to pay full retail either. I have been doing this long enough to know that shops have a certain % amount which they can give a break on.
I also understand that they have to make a profit in order to stay in business, but with todays economy, I dont think to many people are spending a few thousand dollars modifying motorcycles.
Does anyone know of a Heartland distributor/dealer or someone directly at Heartland that I can talk to that would give me a hand.
jtmurph00 has a kit for sale in the softail classifieds here for $900.00
Contact him. That sounds like a steal to me.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a 180 kit thou

Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 AM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Thanks for the heads up, but its a 200 kit.

Originally Posted by vulcanater
jtmurph00 has a kit for sale in the softail classifieds here for $900.00
Contact him. That sounds like a steal to me.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

hes got a 200 on the back but the 200 kit has a 9 .5 inch fender if ya wnat buy it you wont regret it.........well maybe..........let me know later

Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

my bad wrong member......there was a member on here that was selling a 200 kit but was a 180 kit

Old 04-10-2009, 04:23 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by masar
Guys, i caught them 3 times in bad time.....thats just enough for me. But maybe they dont care about people outside U.S.

Anyway just example from yesterday when i contacted lifestyle cycles to buy carlini bars. I have at same day answer with all i need - thats what i am talking about.

Anyway, my purpose is not to put **** on anyone, i was just dissapointed. No doubt thier products are top quaility.
Agreed, I e-mailed Heartland several months ago and am still waiting for the courtesy of a reply!!

In the end I too went elsewhere and have got better quality hand made components at a better price!

These days poor customer service will be the downfall of many companies no matter how good the product........

Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess thats why its called heartland "USA".....

Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain

I also emailed Heartland USA twice, for info on their kits. I never got a reply back. And it has been several months. If they don't have time to answer my questions. Then I don't have time to buy their stuff. Their kits are nice, but I think they are WAY over priced.
I started buying the parts off ebay that I would need to put a 200 on my 2000 Night Train. Whenever I could find a good deal on things. I've almost got everything except a narrow belt. I bought take off parts from the '06 and up wide tire bikes. Plus, It cost me only a fraction of what the Heartland kit costs. But now I'm thinking about leaving a 150 on the rear. I can't decide.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

The one thing about Heartland is there capabilities of the second seat and bolt on application. I would never have this kit if it did not have the second seat, because I ride alot with my wife and I travel. Im just going off my experiance with them. They mean well, but maybe they are under staffed?!?! Who knows. They may seemed over priced but the quality is the best and there is no way you can take away from that. Maybe we should start a poll on here who has had good and bad communication with them.

Quick Reply: Heartland BEST Prices ???