Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Mustang seat or stock dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Kski
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Mustang seat or stock dilemma

I'm having trouble deciding what I'm going to do seat-wise with my Heritage, for comfort. No matter what I decide I need to swap out the passenger pillion.

My problem is, I can't decide if I should ditch the stock rider seat or not. It's so comfortable right now I find it hard to believe that the mustang could be better than it. I had a mustang vintage solo on my sportster and it didn't make as drastic an upgrade as I was led to believe. Are the softail mustang touring seats better? And if not, between a mustang and Harley touring pillion which one is more comfortable? And if the mustang one is better does it match up to the stock heritage seat?

Thanks for the help all.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off hand I don't remember if the Mustang passenger pillion will install with the stock rider seat or not. You can email Mustang and ask, BUT the Mustang passenger pillion is hands down more comfy than the stock one. I got the whole setup rider seat w/ backrest and passenger pillion. Night and day difference for her and me both.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like the stock seat why change?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Kski
Tourer

That's why I'm asking. I don't know if I want to change it, but if the Mustang rider seat is better than why not? My only thing is with the mustang that I had on the sporty it was pretty hard and flat. The Heritage seat tends to hug you a little bit and I was wondering if the softail mustangs are flat or if they hug the same way.

One thing is for certain like I said, the passenger pillion needs to get swapped out for something and I was just mainly wanting to know if the mustang pillion matches up. The swap of the riders seat is secondary and if I did do it I would want it to be either the same or more comfortable than the stock one. But I'll call Mustang to see if it matches.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

The Mustang seat!!! Hands down. Plus, it has the (easily) removable riders backrest. It's not like the Corbin POS that you have to remove the seat to even adj the backrest.

I don't have the larger pasenger pillion on mine, but I can see where for a passenger the Mustang would be the only way to go.

It cracks me up. As much as Harley's cost, how much we change them to make them "better, stronger, faster".

An 09 pulled up next to me at a light yesterday. I was in my truck with the window up. He was on my right. I could NOT hear him. Sick !!!!! I can't imagine riding with the stock mufflers.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you cant change the pinion seat without changing the driver seat. if you like the seat so much then get the pinion seat gel or memory foam. There was a post on the forum on how to add memory foam. the mustang seat is much better than the stock

Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

i just installed the mustang wide solo with backrest and had to put new pillion on. my side who rides with me said themustang pillion was much better. i know it is least 1-11/12 thicker than the stock.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
slick10
Road Master

There was no dilemma for me. I switched out the stock seat and pillion immediately after getting my 07. It made a world of difference for me. I don't know how the pillion is cause I don't ride 2 up.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
David The Hutt
Tourer

riders backrest from http://firehousecustoms.com/harleyhsc07.htm

that drivers backrest is all the difference in the world and costs $100-ish

Attached Thumbnails Heritage Mustang seat or stock dilemma-032.jpg   Heritage Mustang seat or stock dilemma-heritage2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by keno
Off hand I don't remember if the Mustang passenger pillion will install with the stock rider seat or not. You can email Mustang and ask, BUT the Mustang passenger pillion is hands down more comfy than the stock one. I got the whole setup rider seat w/ backrest and passenger pillion. Night and day difference for her and me both.
The Mustang passenger pillion will not install with the stock seat. Mustang confirmed that for me. I got the same setup as Keno and my wife thinks it is great. No more butt pain.

Quick Reply: Heritage Mustang seat or stock dilemma