Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night train + long road trips???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
i like the riser look better then the t bars..................im gonna try the bigger riser............if that dont work im going 12 1/2 inch or 14 inch apes................i have a spare set of 10 inch apes and i put them on the stock risers and feels perfect but dont know wut it would look like ...............guess i should take a pic and ask the forum
I am with DyNa Bob, I think I will go with the risers first, like the look too. seems everyone has T bars

Old 04-08-2009, 06:11 AM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lainez11
WOW !!! great info!! hmmm like the look of the carlinis clean sweep, im thinking 9.5" pullbacks??? some of u say u love the 7" so how tall r u??? and does anyone have the new harley signature seirise seat?? it has a back rest looks like it would be comfortable!! so what about the air ride who has one??? need more PICS!! lets see the carlinis!!!!

Im almost done with the millitary!! 2 more weeks, but with all the hard work and running 6 freaking miles every other day!!! my knees are now only a few miles of being shot and back pain from time to time all at 24....... so i would really hate to miss out on the thing i love thanks everybody for all the help!!! keep them coming but PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR HEIGHT.

Im 5'11" with the 7 inch t bars. Im about to add the ness 3" forward control extensions to make it even better. Next thing will be a seat. cant decide if i wana sent mine out to mean city cycles or buy a C&C. Decisions decisions.

Now matter what you cant go wrong with a train. Just have to do it up and make it your own. IMHO its probably the most bad a$$ lookin harley.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed out my stock bars to Big buffalos from drag specialties. 8" risers & a couple of inches wider. doesn't even feel like the same bike. Looks better, handles better, & cheaper that street slammers.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

6'2", 185#.

I've got the H-D Street Slammer bars, Sundowner seat, 3" Ness extensions, and forward controls (4-1/2" farther out than stock). Everything is comfy, if anything I think I want a gel insert for the seat. The big issue is the wind. It gets tiring holding myself up at highway speeds for hours at a time. A Windvest would probably be a good addition at some point.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

easily change the seat for longer trips, i have HD Sundowner Deep Bucket for long rides for my girl, but does some great wonders for me.

The badlander looks bad ***, but after using the seat above, I never want to use the stock seat again. For solo riding, i want to get a good solo seat.

As for the bars, I love them. But I am also 6-4, so my reach is very long.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I went from MD to Tampa Fl in one day's ride. I think it was 1200 miles. I had a C@C seat plus street slammers. I put a 14'' windvest on and I rode down no problems. One thing though is having some sort of throttle lock or something to rest your hand on. My thumb is the only thing that went numb. I had my bike lowered 1.5 inch with the cheap kit. That is one of the reasons that I went with air ride is because of that ride down. I also had 3'' extensions. I am 6'3 and could use a little more. another inch would be money $$$

Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm really leaning towards one of the C&C solo seats with gel for mine.

Edit- My last long ride I did have issues with my right hand going numb. The Avon grips look really good, but are nowhere near as comfortable as the Ailerons I had on before. A simple lever as a throttle lock would have been money. The dial's impossible to use when you're wearing heavy gloves.

Last edited by '05Train; 04-08-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first got my Train, I took a trip down south of me.. about a 450 mile round trip day~ I was eatin the back meds like candy by the time I got back home! I didn't relate the pain to the bars as much as the seat itself... stock Badlander~ I ended up swapin the seat out with the Mustang (Vintage Solo)~ Did a ride from here in Florida to Baton Rouge, LA and back.. about a 1400 mile round trip~ Granted not all the way around in one day, but one day up and a lot of riding while there and another day back~ Only pain I had on that trip was in my ankles from layin them over on the pegs on the super slab~ The seat swap, itself, really made the differance~ The Train handled the long haul just fine...

Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Rmyers
Advanced

Carlini Cleansweeps 9" pullbacks with 1.5" tubing.

Attached Thumbnails Night train + long road trips???-dsc00132-small.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM
lainez11
6th Gear

wow those bars do look good can u get any profile pics please!!! i was thinking of getting those same bars in 9" also!!!! so how tall r u??? and did they bolt right on? as in did u have to extend any of the wires??? great looking bike!!

Quick Reply: Night train + long road trips???