Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deuce needs more light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: deuce needs more light?

Bend me over , and I thought the Stealers were putting it to us ! $ 500 for the headlight and $ 380 for the bulb alone , me thinks Kuryakyn is in cahoots with HD on their pricing . Think I'll stick with my $20 bulb , it actually puts out more light than needed , almost need to put my sunglasses on , just kidding on the sun glasses . I did put the HD extended trim ring on ( for looks ) and that did focus the light somewhat differently than the stock shell alone , somewhat more defined .

Dan

Old 05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
krenshaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: deuce needs more light?

I hear ya Dan... it really pisses me off that there don't seem to be any decent HID systems in the aftermarket (for a fair price). It's not exactly like this is "new" technology we're talking about here! You can get a full aftermarket HID system for a car for roughly $400 beans (and that includes TWO bulbs, ballasts, and required relays).

On that same note, there is a company that sells a conversion system (to use with your stock headlight). Xenon Depot (click here) The kit goes for about $200 bucks. I don't know of anyone that's tried this on a Harley yet though. Also, you'll have to get creative on where to mount the ballast.

Great to hear that the bulb is working out well. I've had friends that put similar bulbs (halogen w/ xenon gas) in their cars and the bulbs lasted literally only a few weeks. At $20 bucks, it certainly looks like the more sensible option for better lighting.