Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?

Hey there everyone, I have given up on forward controls because the support from the manufacturers is brutal, (plus they are a little out of my budget right now). SO, now I'm looking at the Mark 4 setup, as they have one for tall people. Their part number is 7841. http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/17/IMID/616

Besides the fact that you need to drill for the Mark 3's, what else is different? Will Harley pegs fit the Kuyakyn system? Anyone have pics? Thanks, JR

Old 04-05-2009, 08:08 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I just put the Mk IV on my bike a month or so ago. Took off the engine guard with highway pegs and could not be happier. I'm 6' 3" with a 34 inch inseam and the allow me all the room I need while still keeping the floorboards.

I went with the MKIV because I like the fact that they mount to the frame, the MKIII mount to the floorboards and have a little flex in them, I felt the MK IV were a little more solid feel and they dont seem to stand out as much.

I did cut 1/2 inch off my brake pedal and slid the brake pad in closer to the frame to allow better foot placement on the pegs. The MK IV use any standard male mount peg.

Attached Thumbnails KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?-fairingside.jpg   KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?-11.jpg   KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?-fbcruise-armside.jpg   KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?-fbcruisearm.jpg  

Last edited by XARAN; 04-06-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I have Mark III's and I like them.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Lockman
Road Captain

Have the Mark III's and I'm real happy with them. Harley pegs are interchangable with them.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  140.2 KB

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Legalcarry
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
SO, now I'm looking at the Mark 4 setup, as they have one for tall people. Their part number is 7841. http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/17/IMID/616

Besides the fact that you need to drill for the Mark 3's, what else is different? Will Harley pegs fit the Kuyakyn system? Anyone have pics? Thanks, JR
I have the Mark IV's, "standard" size. I'm 6' even, and they work fine for me. I tend to put my heel on the floorboard, and let my foot rest on the peg. You do have to be a little more aware when leaning into curves when the pegs are positioned straight out for use. You lose a little ground clearance.

Attached Thumbnails KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?-100_0977.jpg  
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

I'm about 6'3 and-a-half, with about a 35" inseam, so extended is better for me.

Lockman, AWESOME paint..... especially the forks..... JR

Last edited by JR Ryder; 04-06-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Typo, should have been MK IV

Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer

I have the IV's, standard. If I were to buy again I would buy the extended version and would like to try them. I was able to modify the standard version with another Kuryakyn part that puts them in more of a position like the IV's.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I ahve the Mark III's taht mount to the floorboards and have now had a couple of weeks to give them the shakedown test. I really like them. The only issue is that the brake pedal is almost in the way. XARAN How did you take a half inch off of your brake pedal? I would like some pics and info as that would make these even better.

Regardless of the brake pedal I find I use them pretty much all the time now. I am 5'9" so I rest my heel on the boards and my toes on the pegs. It ahs made my ride much more comfortable.

As far as drilling for the mark III's, all you do is remove your floorboards(2 bolts on each side) pull out the isnerts and measure and drill a few holes in each board. Took a total of about 30 minutes to have them on the bike. If I remember correctly, the Mark IV's mount to the frame.

If you need more reach with the IV's, get the Harley extended reach kit for the boards and the mark IV's. That should move them out a bit more.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

anubisss, do you mean the Harleygoodies extensions? I'm not sure that Kuryakyn have an extension for the 7841 which is already extended over the 7840 standard kit. Every little bit helps. I even moved my seat back a little tonight. Jus put gas in it, and waiting for my TTS to show up. No rush though.... we are supposed to get hammered with snow tonight. GREEEEEAT....

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?