Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered the Mark 4's a few minutes ago. Part #7841, and the pegs to go with them, part #8002........ Looking forward to putting them on and riding with them.... JR

Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JR, how did you move your seat back and how much more room did it create? I'm 6'2" and could really use the extra room.

It looks like you changed your seat. Will the stock seat allow adjustments?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by pearlandhd
Hey JR, how did you move your seat back and how much more room did it create? I'm 6'2" and could really use the extra room.

It looks like you changed your seat. Will the stock seat allow adjustments?

Well, here's the thread on my seat:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...hink-pics.html

Now, the LePera has a bracket on the back (not visible on the bottom of the pics provided, as I had not installed it yet) that has a fairly long oval groove allowing for ummmmmm, probably about close to an inch of adjustibility. The tongue on the front is also fairly long, and I was able to move the seat back to a faqirly neutral and comfortable position, having the rear mounting bolt positioned about in the middle of the groove I mentioned. If I try to pull it all the way back, it starts to feel like I'm being tilted forward.

BUT, I also have the people at LePera working on a custom Solo for me, moving me UP AND BACK from the position of my current seat. We have been bouncing ideas back and forth for the past couple of weeks, so we'll see what happens. Ashley and Christine at LePera are amazing to deal with.

Last edited by JR Ryder; 04-06-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

JR,

You will be happy with them. If you find the brake pedal is in the way of allowing you to rest your foot on the rt side peg the same as on the left peg. Try removing the brake pad (one set screw under it) and cut about 1/2 inch off the pedal to allow the pad to be installed sliding it in towards the bike a little more. On my bike with the extended brake padal this really helped alow access to the right side peg on the cruise arms.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

XARAN, thanks for the tip.... Do I cut the rubber pad for the brake pedal too? Do you know if I will still be able to install Harleygoodies extensions if I decide later that I want them?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

He is saying to cut the actual brake pedal, and then the rubber that slides over it. I have a fancy dancy brake pedal and am going to ahve to see if I can cut the brake pedal and the fancy dancy doo dad...

Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
XARAN, thanks for the tip.... Do I cut the rubber pad for the brake pedal too? Do you know if I will still be able to install Harleygoodies extensions if I decide later that I want them?
Im not sure if it will work with the stock rubber brake pad, but any of the replacment or after market brake pads attach with a bolt from the bottom up.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 PM
anubisss
Banned

Originally Posted by XARAN
Im not sure if it will work with the stock rubber brake pad, but any of the replacment or after market brake pads attach with a bolt from the bottom up.
Did you cut the pad as well, or just where you mount it on the brake pedal?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
chromedome
Road Master

If your using an HD after market brake pedal... take it off. Use the outter most edge as a template and set it on the pedal mount. Draw a line and cut with a dremel. This way when you put the pedal back on it will contour to the new cut. The pedal's hole is a slot so you will have no porblem sliding it over to the left the distance that you have cut the mount. The harley goodies help also. Lastly, if your not bothered by it, when you attach the Mark III's to the floorboard you can drill the front hole a little wider for some play. This way you can slide the arm a little more to the left and away from the brake pedal. It angles the footrest toward you a bit as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
anubisss
Banned

Thanks for the tip. I will make the front hole bigger on the board too so I can move it a tad closer to my foot.

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN MARK 3 or MARK 4?