Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6"1' 230 and nighttrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Here:

That Le Pera bare bones seat took me from having bent arms and legs with a badlander to being stretched.

You look a little taller than 6' 1" on that bike though bro.
dude bike looks awesome,but I need to see dude my size seating on it

Old 04-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that pic looks bad, you're not a small guy... I think the most important part is how it feels to you, opposed to the opinions of random internet stranger #45598.

If your OL is laughing at you, thats another matter entirely....

Maybe try a Fat Boy, they look a bit beefier to me anyway. I just hate to see anyone living without at least 1 Softail

Old 04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Xuallus
I don't think that pic looks bad, you're not a small guy... I think the most important part is how it feels to you, opposed to the opinions of random internet stranger #45598.

If your OL is laughing at you, thats another matter entirely....

Maybe try a Fat Boy, they look a bit beefier to me anyway. I just hate to see anyone living without at least 1 Softail
teal you the truth dude the OL is find with any decision I made lucky for me,the bike don't fill right for me,I also seat on a fat bob and I'll teal you felt 100 times better,now folks don't get me wrong I am not saying that the train is a bad bike,just didn't fill right for me......

Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 in forward controls and 16 inch apes and you will fit it like a glove...............look in the old night train thread and new one you will see lots of apes n diff seats

Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
I like this bike I also like the fat bob,there is nothing wrong with either one of them,but to day I went in a dealer and seat down on a nighttrain really feels great everything was perfect until I sow the picture that my wife took,I look to damn BIG for this bikes,looks like I am on a little toy,so no harley for me,I dont like the way I look on it.
I gotta start looking for a big dog or iron horse or something........
l
teal you the truth dude the OL is find with any decision I made lucky for me,the bike don't fill right for me,I also seat on a fat bob and I'll teal you felt 100 times better,now folks don't get me wrong I am not saying that the train is a bad bike,just didn't fill right for me......
So which is it SASH you are contradicting yourself. In your very first post you said "I went in a dealer and seat down on a nighttrain really feels great everything was perfect" and now you are saying "the bike don't fill right for me" both times speaking of the train so which one is it really???

Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chazmanian
or a van to ride on top of!!

hahahahaha

Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude bike looks awesome,but I need to see dude my size seating on it

Freezing *** cold with a few blowing flakes....Aint gonna be able to do it today!

Hence spending my day with you fine folks.

I wanna ride!!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Freezing *** cold with a few blowing flakes....Aint gonna be able to do it today!

Hence spending my day with you fine folks.

I wanna ride!!
I second the I wanna ride statement, where are you from Chaz? I am up in New Hampshire cold and windy and was raining on and off today. Local dealer had an open house today I was hoping to ride over to today but that's a no go. So here I sit in the house chit chatting the afternoon away while the kids are napping.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:23 PM
wood butcher
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sash,
If you set your train up like chazmanian it will fit you fine. Don't need to lower it and as he said, could probably get a more comfy seat. I tested a Night Train and while at the dealer a Fat Bob caught my eye. At 6'3" and 260 lbs I never thought I'd look right on a Dyna. After riding the Fat Bob with forward controls I didn't care what anybody thought about how I looked. The bike is awesome. Try one. It rides and handles better than the Night Train in my opinion FWIW. No slam on Night Trains by any means. I Jones'ed for one for a while. Just ended up liking the Fat Bob more. I can tell you this, if you get a Big dog or other custom you will eventually regret your decision. I'd bet money on it.

Last edited by wood butcher; 04-04-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wood butcher
Sash,
If you set your train up like chazmanian it will fit you fine. Don't need to lower it and as he said, could probably get a more comfy seat. I tested a Night Train and while at the dealer a Fat Bob caught my eye. At 6'3" and 260 lbs I never thought I'd look right on a Dyna. After riding the Fat Bob with forward controls I didn't care what anybody thought about how I looked. The bike is awesome. Try one. It rides and handles better than the Night Train in my opinion FWIW. No slam on Night Trains by any means. I Jones'ed for one for a while. Just ended up liking the Fat Bob more. I can tell you this, if you get a Big dog or other custom you will eventually regret your decision. I'd bet money on it.
hands down stock for stock FATBOB wins big time in my book comford riding posicion and fill of the bike.
I have couple thinks that I dont like abouth the bob
front tire TO FAT
fear tire NOT FAT ENOUGH
and rear suspension set up,i wish was more like the train.
other than that fat bob is a awesome bike.
like you said no slam on the train,just my filling for the bikes.

Quick Reply: 6"1' 230 and nighttrain