Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6"1' 230 and nighttrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:27 PM
eddyp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get yourself a nice Triumph rocket 3, would fit you like a glove

Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
let me know what you think..
Dude that's not that bad I can tell you this get rid of that badlander seat first off, I bought one for my fatboy and found that it pushed me forward towards the tank probably 2". Get yourself some extended forward controls and you'll be fine. Just out of curiousity what's your inseam measure? My girl said you looked long legged, but didn't look bad on it.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 04-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nhbouncer
Dude that's not that bad I can tell you this get rid of that badlander seat first off, I bought one for my fatboy and found that it pushed me forward towards the tank probably 2". Get yourself some extended forward controls and you'll be fine. Just out of curiousity what's your inseam measure? My girl said you looked long legged, but didn't look bad on it.
inseam? not sure what that means for sure but 34,length of pents right?

Old 04-04-2009, 02:54 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer

I dunno just really sounds like your looking for a reason to justify you buying a custom...If that's what you want then go for it. Buy what you like and what fits your riding style, I can tell you right now if you do any sort of distance riding at all like more than going from bar to bar your not going to want a rigid chopper, I promise your back will hate you for it.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Vcsv8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno just really sounds like your looking for a reason to justify you buying a custom...If that's what you want then go for it. Buy what you like and what fits your riding style, I can tell you right now if you do any sort of distance riding at all like more than going from bar to bar your not going to want a rigid chopper, I promise your back will hate you for it.

+1....I am the same size as you have a night train and look about the same in pictures. It really does seem to me that you are looking for a reason to by a "custom".

Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

no no not looking for a custom,I just want to get something American,I like the Harley but just I have that filing that I don't look right for this bike,maybe lower seat,drop the bike on the back 2' and wider handlebars will change the filing I don't know.....

Old 04-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

dos anyone have a picture with different handlebars and lowered train?

Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
dos anyone have a picture with different handlebars and lowered train?
Here:

That Le Pera bare bones seat took me from having bent arms and legs with a badlander to being stretched. Those are Street slammer bars. They are wider than the stock drag bars but come back at you a little more. Set of Apes and a Le Pera seat would have you golden.

Keep in mind that the Le Pera seat is a step up from simply throwing a shop rag over the frame and riding!! I'm certain there are comfier alternatives.

You look a little taller than 6' 1" on that bike though bro.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-04-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:17 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer

Well there are options if your looking for that "american" thing but as I said before buy what "YOU" and only you like. Don't think about what others are going to think about how you look or how much your bike cost or how much horsepower your bike has. There is always going to be someone trying to compare d**k size, so buy what you like make your custom mods to it just like you did on your warrior, and ride it because you love it. I'll have to take some pictures of me on my fatboy to give you guys and idea of what a big guy on a bike really looks like. JUST RIDE>

Quick Reply: 6"1' 230 and nighttrain