Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats new for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Vee Rod 03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cycle World said in this month's issue HD is working on a V-4 producing 170 HP that can be re-tuned for touring model's.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruralmed
The local dealer here in Eugene wants 1k more than I spent on my Rocker C last year, The MSRP has not changed, when I asked what's up? They responded that they have a hard time keeping the Rocker series in stock.
tell them no problem and airlines are cheap and my dealer in texas will send it van lines to you as a dealer transfer and you get 1000 under msrp and pay taxes as if you bought it there.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:32 AM
QS78
Tourer

H-D should:

- increase all bikes power and torque.
- cancel the Rocker and the Nighttrain and introduce blacked-out Rocker. so taking out two models from the huge softail line up. and yea change the Rocker C stupid seat.
- cancel the Muscle and introduce Night Rod Muscle. so vrod line will have three models only. and power to be atl east 160-170hp.
- put water cooled engine to all touring models. and try to limit the line to three bikes only.
- Limit the sportster line to have only 3 or 4 bikes.
- and the big step will be lowering the unjustified prices.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by QS78
H-D should:

- increase all bikes power and torque.
- cancel the Rocker and the Nighttrain and introduce blacked-out Rocker. so taking out two models from the huge softail line up. and yea change the Rocker C stupid seat.
- cancel the Muscle and introduce Night Rod Muscle. so vrod line will have three models only. and power to be atl east 160-170hp.
- put water cooled engine to all touring models. and try to limit the line to three bikes only.
- Limit the sportster line to have only 3 or 4 bikes.
- and the big step will be lowering the unjustified prices.
- I believe the increase will happen in a few years, I really dont think anytime within the next 1-2 years.

- They need an all black Rocker, but I think they should have a Rocker or Rocker-C, not both. They do not need to cancel the Night Train, they cant keep them in stock over here. Basically slim down all the model choices, which they kind of did a few years ago, but now have more models to replace the confusing line already.
- Too many Sportster models, make 3/4 I agree with. (Nightster/Iron 883 keep those)
- Knock $1,000 of each MSRP to start.

Here is my model outline/changes lol. I'm bored I guess for doing this. Go from 31 models to 18, and stop confusing new buyers. I know some of my friends looking at new bikes when they went to purchase, were just totally confused on differences of certain bikes. I spend a lot of time on purchases, but HD has even got me confused on some models. I love options and choice, but since they are struggling, this may be the best route for overhead to come down.

(Currently) Condense down to these only

(7 Sportsters) 883, Iron 883, 1200 Custom, XR1200
(5 Dyna) Low Rider, Fat Bob, Superglide
(8 Softail) Night Train, Fat Boy, Rocker-C, Softail Classic
(3 VRSC) Night Rod, Vrod Muscle
(8 Touring) Road King, Electra Glide Standard/Classic, Ultra Glide, Tr-Glide

Last edited by jknowlton; 04-13-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
msankey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jknowlton
- I believe the increase will happen in a few years, I really dont think anytime within the next 1-2 years.

- They need an all black Rocker, but I think they should have a Rocker or Rocker-C, not both. They do not need to cancel the Night Train, they cant keep them in stock over here. Basically slim down all the model choices, which they kind of did a few years ago, but now have more models to replace the confusing line already.
- Too many Sportster models, make 3/4 I agree with. (Nightster/Iron 883 keep those)

Here is my model outline/changes lol. I'm bored I guess for doing this. Go from 31 models to 18, and stop confusing new buyers. I know some of my friends looking at new bikes when they went to purchase, were just totally confused on differences of certain bikes. I spend a lot of time on purchases, but HD has even got me confused on some models. I love options and choice, but since they are struggling, this may be the best route for overhead to come down.

I agree with you that HD needs to condense models but your leaving out some very popular models (Heritage, Deluxe).

My line up would be:

Sportster: 883 Custom, Iron 883, 1200 Custom, Nightster (XR 1200 is good as a limited production model, there are plenty on the market right now)

Dynas: Super Glide Custom, Wide Glide, Fat Bob, Street Bob (Actually Blacked Out, not half a$$)

VRods: Vrod, Muscle, Night Muscle

Softails: Softail Custom, Night Train/Rocker Combo, Fat Boy, Rocker C, X-Bones, Deluxe/Heritage Combo (Basically a Deluxe with options to make a Heritage)

Touring: Road King Classic (With different bag options), Night King (You know you want it), Street Glide, Electra Glide Classic (With options to make it an Ultra), Blacked out Street Glide, Tri-Glide.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msankey
I agree with you that HD needs to condense models but your leaving out some very popular models (Heritage, Deluxe).

My line up would be:

Sportster: 883 Custom, Iron 883, 1200 Custom, Nightster (XR 1200 is good as a limited production model, there are plenty on the market right now)

Dynas: Super Glide Custom, Wide Glide, Fat Bob, Street Bob (Actually Blacked Out, not half a$$)

VRods: Vrod, Muscle, Night Muscle

Softails: Softail Custom, Night Train/Rocker Combo, Fat Boy, Rocker C, X-Bones, Deluxe/Heritage Combo (Basically a Deluxe with options to make a Heritage)

Touring: Road King Classic (With different bag options), Night King (You know you want it), Street Glide, Electra Glide Classic (With options to make it an Ultra), Blacked out Street Glide, Tri-Glide.
That looks like a good line up to me!!! NIGHT KING!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

guys, guys,guys.....one of the things that make Harley great is that there are plenty of models based on the same frame to chose from. if we bring the choices down to 3 per model it would really limit the choices. this ain't Cuba, while I agree with most of the choices some have suggested, I also know that some don't.

on top of that it is already hard to find your bike at the local watering hole, imagine with less bikes option....

weed out the bikes that don't sell, but base it on numbers not emotions

Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
hellfish
Tourer

No Heritage!? - BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Originally Posted by jknowlton