Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have stage 1 dealer download experience/advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Crazycalvin
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to start a pi$$ing match, but the TTS does not require a dyno tune to get it to where it needs to be if you have a laptop, some time, and the desire to do it yourself. The TTS comes with software called "V-Tune" that can do VE table tuning yourself for about 90% of where you ride. It does not have the ability to do the WOT type of VE tables, but with a little thought you can propogate the numbers for the WOT VE tables. This does not require a dyno tune to accomplish this. You make changes, start doing the V-Tune thing again. Later, Calvin.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazycalvin
Not trying to start a pi$$ing match, but the TTS does not require a dyno tune to get it to where it needs to be if you have a laptop, some time, and the desire to do it yourself. The TTS comes with software called "V-Tune" that can do VE table tuning yourself for about 90% of where you ride. It does not have the ability to do the WOT type of VE tables, but with a little thought you can propogate the numbers for the WOT VE tables. This does not require a dyno tune to accomplish this. You make changes, start doing the V-Tune thing again. Later, Calvin.
This is only true if you have an '07 or later bike ('06 or later Dyna). At the moment, there is no application to convert the older FI bikes to closed-loop to take advantage of V-Tune. While you can set a bike up with a canned TTS map (and V-Tune if you can use it), you will invariably be better off with a quality tune.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Hey tk353, you got me thinking now..... Gonna call Jamie at FuelMoto about T-Max. Why was the guy you bought your's from unhappy?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
txoval
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as well, went with Dealer Download this time and my bike runs great...no popping, good throttle response, and the oil temp dropped 20 degrees. I'm running the Ness Big Sucker and Big Bear Chopper Drag pipes with torque cones....

I had the PCIII on my Nightster with the HD Heavy Breather and Drag Pipes and did not like the results. I agree with some others and do not like piggyback systems

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
Hey tk353, you got me thinking now..... Gonna call Jamie at FuelMoto about T-Max. Why was the guy you bought your's from unhappy?
some dealer love it or hate it. The guy sold it because he could not set the timing to where it ran good. I updated the firmware and reset defaults and loaded the only softail map and never had an issue

Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Just ordered the TTS..... Will post my findings when I get tinkering with it. I might start a new thread, or add to this. Thanks for everyone's input here...... JR

Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
nuhklz
Club Member

Very timely thread. I have the fuelpak on my 07 Heritage and have been toying with taking it for a dyno. The idea of tuning it myself with the TTS is the way to go and I've contacted Jamie to place an order.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Crazycalvin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rthomp159
This is only true if you have an '07 or later bike ('06 or later Dyna). At the moment, there is no application to convert the older FI bikes to closed-loop to take advantage of V-Tune. While you can set a bike up with a canned TTS map (and V-Tune if you can use it), you will invariably be better off with a quality tune.
I knew I should have put an edit onto my thread about V-Tune. I felt like I originally did not need to say it in this particular thread due to the fact that the original poster was refering to a 2009 Harley-Davidson which would come from the factory with o2 sensors. Had the original poster been refering to a Harley-Davidson that was something other than a 2006 and up Dyna series or a 2007 and on up of any other series, I would not had mentioned the V-Tune software. In the defense of not using V-Tune software, an individual can still tune a motorcycle without a dyno providing they have an idea what they are doing and possibly can obtain an exhaust gas analyzer. It is not an impossible task. Later, Calvin.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Jusman32
2nd Gear

Hey. I am a mechanic at a dealership in NY. When we set up bikes with any aftermarket exhaust and a Hi-flow air cleaner we always suggest using the Harley Davidson Super tuner. Its very easy to install and can be done at the dealership. Nothing actually gets installed on the bike however there is a module that is hooked up the the ECM to burn a new Fuel/Air map into the bike. Its more on the pricey end bout 450 buts its the best thing that I myself have found to use. If you ever decide to do further work to the bike or run the bike on a Dyno to get the most out of it I have found that this module is the most tunable. My personal bike is an 08 dyna street bob with the V&H big radius 2 into 1 and the Screamin Eagle heavy breather. Let me know how you make out.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
Just ordered the TTS..... Will post my findings when I get tinkering with it. I might start a new thread, or add to this. Thanks for everyone's input here...... JR
Did u order from Fuel Moto.. with custom fee's and taxes,exchange.. what did it all cost... or did u ship to Buff and pick it up there ?

Quick Reply: Anyone have stage 1 dealer download experience/advice?