Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have stage 1 dealer download experience/advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone.... How does the SEST log data with no hardware attached? I just sent Doc an email. Hope to hear back from him, as I'm leaning towards the TTS.... SEST is $600 Canadian....
TTS???..... not as much.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the PCV in my 09 Softail Custom. Placing it just as the directions showed worked fine - it IS tight getting things settled, but it does work. The "velcro" is actually the more industrial type hook and loop that doesn't peel or slip like the fuzzy style velcro. More of a snap into place. I couldn't see any problem moving the ECM upwards on the fender a bit. The actual tricky part was getting the rear O2 sensor eliminator on - one-handed! Ugh!
I'd originally intended to stick with the simple download, but getting some honest education from the parts guy and a tech, understand the DL applies to a bike with SE AC and the street legal SE pipes - other pipes (like my Vance & Hines HS slip-ons) and the download won't be right. With that, I opted for the Kuryakin High Five air cleaner kit too, rather than the Screaming Eagle. Was good to do something different anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have stage 1 dealer download experience/advice?-sdc10911_2.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 AM
eddyp
Cruiser

Have you considered the V&H Fuelpak? Im heading that way after getting my big radius. The way I look at it V&H must know what works best with their pipes. Looks very easy set up

Old 04-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Crazycalvin
Cruiser

SEST logs data to it's own internal circuitry. I like V&H parts, but I would not spend the money on a FuelPak. Hope this helps. Later, Calvin.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor

Good info guys. I just installed D&D slip ons on my 07 fatboy last night. Souds great but haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I'm being told I should do something too?? Too many options.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edeluxe07
JR....I just put the BSS on my deluxe....I too have the "download"... the bike runs ok...no backfirign,etc, however is hot as hell...so since I don't want to cause any permanent damage... I've ordered the thundermax.... I have no room under my seat for pc or any other "plug-in".... I "thought" the download would be "good enough" since I had that with the SE IIs slip-ons....but the BSS really opened it up.... I'm sure I'll be happy once I get the Thundermax installed.
Thundermax, you will love it and no more relying on someone else to do it right

Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by eddyp
Have you considered the V&H Fuelpak? Im heading that way after getting my big radius. The way I look at it V&H must know what works best with their pipes. Looks very easy set up
Fuel Pak does NOT advance or retard timing. I've heard they are terrible. V & H do not want to be held liable for altering the HD electronics is along the lines of the story I heard.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 AM
pugs
Tourer

I recently got python Dual Staggereds and stage I through the dealer with SE race tuner. having decel popping. Going to be going to get it retuned by someone who, hopefully, knows what they are doing.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Talked to Doc today, and I think I'm gonna order the TTS..... any objections?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Crazycalvin
Cruiser

Nope. I believe you will need a laptop connected to log data though. Other than that, it is a fine device. Good luck, Calvin.

Quick Reply: Anyone have stage 1 dealer download experience/advice?