Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker INFO from Heartland

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
El Gato Grande
Advanced
Received 44 Likes on 9 Posts

The current Heartland 19" will fit a 21" tire with only a few minor mods. I have all the paint done and the bike should be ready this week. I'll send some pics once it gets out of the shop

Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
oneoflittlewords
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by El Gato Grande
The current Heartland 19" will fit a 21" tire with only a few minor mods. I have all the paint done and the bike should be ready this week. I'll send some pics once it gets out of the shop
KK pics are required. What size tire are you running on your 21"?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM
El Gato Grande
Advanced

I am running a 21x3.5 front wheel from RC Components and matching 18x8.5 rear. I'm running Metzler's low profile 21" front tire and their 260 on the rear. I'll call in this morning to get the exact part numbers and see if I can't swing by this afternoon to gets some pics.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
El Gato Grande
Advanced

Rocker Tire info:
On

Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
El Gato Grande
Advanced

Ooops. Posted too soon. The 21" front tire on the Rocker is a Metzler 120/70 - 21 M/C 62V TL and the rear is a 260/40 VR 18 M/C (84V) TL. Pics will be coming as the tires look great on the bike

Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hdmurray
Hey brother let me give you some advice!! Don't wait for Heartland: JUST BUY THE DAMN THING FROM RUSS WERNIMONT DIRECTLY, THE GUY WHO MAKES THEM FOR HEARTLAND AND SAVE YOURSELF ABOUT $80 IN THE PROCESS and you probably can get it QUICKER!!!!

NOW THAT'S CUTTING EDGE FOR YA!!

Thanks ALOT!!!

A$$HOLE MURRAY!!!
I think what I find most humorous (and annoying) is that you bust onto the scene with so many solutions all the while slamming anything that has to do with Heartland.. You're willing to pay for (and pimp) a seat for $1200 all the while slamming the Heartland kit because it's $1900 for fenders, struts and a seat.. Then you decide to enlighten us that ALL rocker owners are installing the Heartland kit.. Then you want to tell us RWD is the place to buy the Heartland fenders cuz that's where they're getting them.. Here's a news flash for ya, I already talked to RWD 2 months ago and they didn't have any plans for a either a 19" or 21" fender for the Rockers at that time.. Yea you could buy a blank and fender spacers then hack your way to a fit.. A guy could do the same with a WCC too until they stopped selling parts.. Hell there are ton of fabricators out there selling fender blanks.. But then I'm sure you already know that and are ready to direct everyone to them as well.. LOL

You're a day late a dollar short with your info pimp.. Sorry

Old 04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

Ooops. Posted too soon. The 21" front tire on the Rocker is a Metzler 120/70 - 21 M/C 62V TL and the rear is a 260/40 VR 18 M/C (84V) TL. Pics will be coming as the tires look great on the bike
Are you using a 18x8.5 rear wheel?
Did you go with a thinner belt?

Is it a really tight fit on the rear with the 260/40/18? I have to get a new rear tire and I am thinking about a 250/40/18 on the stock rear wheel.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
El Gato Grande
Advanced

I am running a 18x8.5 rear wheel from RC and with the 260, it is an extremely tight fit (still using the stock belt). Unfortunately Metzler doesn't produce a 250 and we rolled the dice with the 260. The clearance between the edge of the tire and the belt is approximately the width of a quarter. The dealer swears that these tires don't have a lot of movement in them and I'll be fine. For what that's worth. . .

Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Wait...what?

Originally Posted by hdmurray
F$@K this forum!
Whoa... what's with the anger? You guys should go home and kick your dog or something before logging onto the site.

Anyways, I hope they change the look a little bit, like that wine colored Rocker...can't remember the rider name. I like this fender too:https://www.phatperformanceparts.com...Code=JJ-ROLLER

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
oneoflittlewords
Tourer
Cool

Pics would be great !!

I am running a 18x8.5 rear wheel from RC and with the 260..... The clearance between the edge of the tire and the belt is approximately the width of a quarter. .... . .

Well dont sit anyway but dead center. I dont know bout "width of a quarter". seems really close to me. Is that with or with out a rider?

Quick Reply: Rocker INFO from Heartland