Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the New Fulmer V2 3/4 Bobber helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got the New Fulmer V2 3/4 Bobber helmet

I just had to post pics. I am in love with this helmet! It the new V2 by Fulmer. They are bringing back the Vintage "low profile" style so it does not give the gigantic astronaut effect. I got the Silver Bobber, the metal flake in this thing is crazy. Pics do it no justice. I rode into work with it this morning, it rides great. It gave me no head bob or buffering and blocked some of the wind noise. I like it way better that the 1/2 helmet. Just thought I 'd throw the pics up for some of you that have thought about a helmet like this.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mm can a shield hook up to those buttons?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good. is it a DOT?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:51 PM
dusty2221
Road Master

Yes, it is DOT. And yes, Fulmer makes a Vintage bubble shield to fit it. I got this after comparing the Biltwell, the HCI, and the old re-lined Fulmers on ebay. I found a link that compared the one I got an the builtwell. According to that used, the Fulmer is a bit narrower than the non-DOT Biltwell, but about 1/2 inch taller. That poster has permantly switched to the Fulmer.

I highly recomend this helemt if you are into the vintage style, want DOT, and don;t want to be an astronaut.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM
dusty2221
Road Master

Here is the riview I was talking about. This post is what made me decide. The pics made it easy! Thanks to the guy who did this comparrison. (found at xlforum.net) Before reading this review, I was sure I wanted the Biltwell, now I am glad I got the Fulmer.

Here are 2 of my helmets. The Silver one is a Biltwell (novelty), and the red one is a Fulmer V2 (DOT.

The Fulmer is only slightly larger in height (maybe 1/2 inch). The Biltwell is slightly wider. The Biltwell is also a little lighter in weight, but not a significant difference.

The Biltwell shell is not as rigid as the Fulmer and there is only soft foam padding inside, vs. the Fulmer's DOT approved styrene liner.

The Biltwell's foam lining makes for a very comfortable fit, and because of its "flimsiness" can adjust to as fat of a head as the wearer has. The Fulmer on the other hand will require a head measurement prior to ordering, and there is no guarantee that it will fit properly. I only purchased it online without trying one on because I also have a Fulmer Hombre (that I absolutely hate and never wear) and I used the same size for the V2, the fit is perfect.

The Fulmer feels much more substantial/solid than the Biltwell. The foam and leather that lines the styrene shell is soft and conforms well to the head. It seals around the cheeks and forehead well. There is plenty of space at the ears to accommodate for ear buds (important to me). The Biltwell lining is all fabric and though it is soft and comfortable, it doesn’t seal as well around the cheeks and forehead. There is quite a bit less wind buffeting with the Fulmer.

I would never tell anyone what to do or what to wear. I will tell you that the Biltwell is shelved and I wear the Fulmer exclusively now.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Lowbro
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dusty,where did you get it from ? I was looking for a vintage,but as you said the new ones don't give the Great Gazzoo effect.that silver metal-flake looks shweet.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser

Got the killer green metal flake super cool

Old 03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
the money pit
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love these stye helmets ... lets see a picture of it on your head I wanna know if it makes you look like a space ball .... check these out they are nice but not DOT approved http://www.biltwellinc.com/helmets.html

Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM
chordstrummer
Tourer

Yup, got the same helmet, silver too -- great helmet!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chordstrummer
Yup, got the same helmet, silver too -- great helmet!
+1 mine is black with white stripes and an US Flag.... Love it!

I also have a 655 in flat black with a smoked shield for the long trips

IMO Fulmer make a awesome helmet!

Quick Reply: Got the New Fulmer V2 3/4 Bobber helmet