Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: night train or fatbob
fat bob
20.21%
night train
79.79%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

fat bob or night train

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the one you like better. When you look at both bikes say at the dealership...Sit on em' feel the feel. Cop a test ride on both ealer is so inclined and you will know.

Heres a dumb story.

I was in the market for a new bike back in Dec. I went to the dealer fully prepared to spend 20 grand and ride off into the sunset. I sat on the bikes and then rode a few of em'. The bike I thought was for me wasnt for me at all. It felt funny and not just right.

On my way out of the dealership I went through the service dept. There was an old 03' Night Train sitting there slammed with 3" extended controls. I sat on the guys bike and it fit me like a glove. I didnt even need to ride one...I just knew that was the one. I liked the slammed narrow tire and fender train better than the new ones on the floor.

2 weeks later I bought a fellow HDF members bike and had it shipped from Atlanta to Colorado. It was almost the same bike down to the color as the one I sat on in the service dept. I spent about half of the 20K I had budgeted and tossed another grand or so into the motor and another grand in trinkets from the E-Bay gypsies. I'm happy and got what I wanted not what anyone else told me I should have.

Fat Bob, Night Train, Cross Bones, Road King, sheese Nightster whatever???? Go sit on em all. The "One" will let itself be known!

The Train is one killer machine! lots of cheap mods.....Chicks dig em. My wife called mine "A Sexy MuthaFvcker"

Last edited by Chazmanian; 03-29-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

night train

Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Go with the one you like better. When you look at both bikes say at the dealership...Sit on em' feel the feel. Cop a test ride on both ealer is so inclined and you will know.

Heres a dumb story.

I was in the market for a new bike back in Dec. I went to the dealer fully prepared to spend 20 grand and ride off into the sunset. I sat on the bikes and then rode a few of em'. The bike I thought was for me wasnt for me at all. It felt funny and not just right.

On my way out of the dealership I went through the service dept. There was an old 03' Night Train sitting there slammed with 3" extended controls. I sat on the guys bike and it fit me like a glove. I didnt even need to ride one...I just knew that was the one. I liked the slammed narrow tire and fender train better than the new ones on the floor.

2 weeks later I bought a fellow HDF members bike and had it shipped from Atlanta to Colorado. It was almost the same bike down to the color as the one I sat on in the service dept. I spent about half of the 20K I had budgeted and tossed another grand or so into the motor and another grand in trinkets from the E-Bay gypsies. I'm happy and got what I wanted not what anyone else told me I should have.

Fat Bob, Night Train, Cross Bones, Road King, sheese Nightster whatever???? Go sit on em all. The "One" will let itself be known!

The Train is one killer machine! lots of cheap mods.....Chicks dig em. My wife called mine "A Sexy MuthaFvcker"
dude I love your bike,definitely my style of bike,look what I ride right now,very similar to what you have.

Attached Thumbnails fat bob or night train-dsc00872-50-.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
dude I love your bike,definitely my style of bike,look what I ride right now,very similar to what you have.
My insurance agent has a badass Warrior as well. I know that bitch is fast as heck, has great brakes....I bet it even goes over bumps well.

Yet when I was office the other day renewing my policy and showing him the extra stuff I wanted covered I offered him a test ride on my Beater.

He rode around the block and got on it when he thought I couldnt hear him....Needless to say with beat you into submission suspension, brakes that dont do a whole helluva alot, and cornering that can eaily result in a shower of sparks being thrown he said "I gotta get me one of these bikes".

I cant really figure out what it is about these machines. Iconic? Historic? I dont know I just know riding the thing gives me a feeling thats different?

And my other ride is this thing? I'm an enduro rider for gawds sake!

Go figure eh?

The Dyna didnt feel as stretched out to me. My other issue with the dyna was it actually looked like a big *** sportster to me and I really didnt want a sportster (Nothing against the sportster just not for me).

When I think Harley the image that comes to mind and is attractive to me is a skinny front tire Softail.

Tossed on a lil' satchel action the other day for my phone and smokes.....Maybe even fit a pair of gloves and some clear eye protection in that little thang.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 03-29-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 AM
crush63
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

They are both cool bikes it just comes down to with one you like the best. Dyna's are functionally better motorcycles but softails are better looking IMO and have a wider choice of goodies from both the aftermarket and H-D. I like the looks of the Fat Bob except for those ugly/heavy wheels and duel headlight setup. The Fat Bob does have duel front disks so it should stop better. Softails are much smoother (at the cost of 3-5 hp) then the Dyna's and generally have a higher resale value. Ride them both before you deside!

2009 Night Train
Rush 2.0

Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Master of Mayhem
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this helps!!!
first of all Dynas are not chick bikes, don't listen to anyone who says that, that said,
I havn't ridin a Street Bob, but I owned a 07 Super Glide I traded in in Dec for a Night Train, here's what I've learned.
First the center of gravity is much lower on the Train( this is key )!!! 200 Mil, rear Tire also key, the drag bars and the agressive position I also loved.
And to be honest I like the soft tail ride much better then the Dyna ride!!
I feel like it's a much smother ride a better bike if you will!!!
Not having ridden the street Bob the other guy has a point though see if you can test ride them both my guess is you'll go with the Train
Good Luck!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
SD Night Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're are taller go with the train....the bob is just not setup for a tall rider

Old 03-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior

I am a 6ft.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I voted for the FatBob, but if you can, buy a Wide Glide, they're the coolest

Quick Reply: fat bob or night train