Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sussex Hills Ltd?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
jlevin75
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sussex Hills Ltd?

Anyone ever have work done by these guys? I need new tires mounted and a friend of a friend highly recommends them. Just wondering if anyone else in the area has any comments

http://www.sussexhills.com/index.html

Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Never heard anything good.....but nothing bad either....to tell you the truth, I never heard anything about the place. We will pass it on the Hawks Nest ride.

Ask around in the Northeast section for a better response.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 PM
jlevin75
Cruiser

Thanks Tip. I've been by the place a hundred times but never stopped in so I took a ride up there after work tonight. Talked with Norman - the owner, nice guy, been in the business for 30+ years. Even though they closed at 6 and I got there at 5:50 he took the time to look at the bike, talk to me about the tires I am looking for etc.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jlevin75
Thanks Tip. I've been by the place a hundred times but never stopped in so I took a ride up there after work tonight. Talked with Norman - the owner, nice guy, been in the business for 30+ years. Even though they closed at 6 and I got there at 5:50 he took the time to look at the bike, talk to me about the tires I am looking for etc.
Sounds good. If you happen to chat with him again, ask him if he is interested in having 50 or so bikes stop by on the 17th of May.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
variablek
Cruiser

Hey actually I've been up there a couple times myself...I work in Wantage so I am pretty close...Norman is incredibly helpful but I haven't really had any serious work done by him yet, so I cannot comment on how things turn out. He's on the approved tuner list on Dynojet's website but who knows what that means.

Altogether very nice guy that's all I know!
Kyle

Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
jlevin75
Cruiser

Originally Posted by variablek
Hey actually I've been up there a couple times myself...I work in Wantage so I am pretty close...Norman is incredibly helpful but I haven't really had any serious work done by him yet, so I cannot comment on how things turn out. He's on the approved tuner list on Dynojet's website but who knows what that means.

Altogether very nice guy that's all I know!
Kyle
Thanks Kyle. He definitely seems like a nice guy. Looks like I'll be getting new shoes on the ride next week from him.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jlevin75
Thanks Kyle. He definitely seems like a nice guy. Looks like I'll be getting new shoes on the ride next week from him.
Good to hear of another good shop!

Hmm, I may call him to find out if he wants to set-up a "Dyno-Day" at his shop. Would be good for his business and good for members here and about.

I just may call him now.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
variablek
Cruiser

Tip...let me know how that dyno goes...as soon as I install my exhaust, ac and pcv i might get it dynoed if the canned map isnt working for me.

thanks!

Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer

I live about 30 - 40 minutes south of Normans shop and while I haven't had any work done by him I know several friends who have and all had great things to say. My friend Dave had his iron head Sportster motor completly re-done by Norman plus lots of other work and they bike came out better than expected. The bike had been sitting for years and was in pretty sorry shape when brought to Norman. I give the shop a thumbs up.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
jlevin75
Cruiser

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
I live about 30 - 40 minutes south of Normans shop and while I haven't had any work done by him I know several friends who have and all had great things to say. My friend Dave had his iron head Sportster motor completly re-done by Norman plus lots of other work and they bike came out better than expected. The bike had been sitting for years and was in pretty sorry shape when brought to Norman. I give the shop a thumbs up.
Thanks Randy. I'll feeling real confident about getting work done there

Quick Reply: Sussex Hills Ltd?