Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 and computer work

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Robbartos
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 and computer work

I have a 2005 Softtail Standard and I too want to upgrade my pipes from stock to V&H straight shots,
I am getting a quote from my Harley dealer of $950.00 out the door, is that a legit price? I believe the pipes are $425.00 the stage 1 and computer work is another $300.00 and labor is about 2 hours or $150.00 I definately want the pipes with the heat shield and not slip-ons.
Thanks to all

Old 04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 and computer work

What "Computer Work" are they referring to???

I hope they are referring to a PC III....

The Stage I ECM flash is a non-player once you apply the V&H pipes.. It is just a waste of $$$$....

You HAVE to utilize a SERT, PC III, DFO, Race Fueler, Race Pak, or other Fuel Mgmt component...

Confirm what they are doing before you commit to anything!!!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 09:49 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Seems like a lot of $ for pipes and a flash. The pipe price is not bad for a dealer, but V&H pipes are available on the net for less. If you are only doing the pipes no need for any ECM Flash, if you want a little more performance do the A/C and the pipes and either go with a Stage 1 flash from the dealer (usually$150.00) or for more $ a PCIII, DFO, Fuelpak or SERT.

I did V&H pipes and A/C with a SERT on my Fatboy and it runs much better than stock (about $1200.00), but today we just did a V&H Fuelpak on my friends bike (already had pipes and A/C) and it runs as good as mine. The Fuel pak was easy to install and only cost 241.00 took 20 min. A no brainerif I had it to do over I would do pipes , AC and Fuelpak. But also you need to know what you want down the road, because the Fuelpak is not so good if you are going to do more extensive mods later (cams, heads ect)

Old 04-30-2006, 06:54 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a couple hundred miles on my new 06 Standard and then did the Stage 1 with Straightshots, SERT and SE air cleaner. It was around a $1,000 bucks and well worth the money. HUGE difference over stock! I would highly recommend going with a SERT, it will allow your shop to tune your bike to run its best with your new pipes and air cleaner.

The straightshots look excellent on my bike and sound bad-***! My bike runs great, pulls hard in all gears at all RPM's, no poppin or crackin or any other BS. I ride with some guys that did their exhausts half-assed, slip-on ect, no carb or EFI adjustments and they run like crap, snap/crackle/pop, no power. Sometimes you got to spend a few bucks to do it right!

Hope this helps, Rick