Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage quote

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 07:29 AM
Kski
|
Tourer
Default Heritage quote

I'm planning on trading in my sporty on a new black heritage. The dealer quoted me at 18,999 and he'll take the sporty ('06 1200C) for 7,000. On top of that, their "deal of the week" is a discount on parts and accessories etc. at time of sale. Kinda BS, I wish I was getting some type of store credit or something.

I did a search and found a thread made a couple weeks back kind of similar only the 09 Heritage was used and had some extras. Is it even possible to get these puppies down to msrp or lower? I already have pre-approval at my bank for up to 20k so I'm not financing anything through HD. Is my quote a good deal or should I try to haggle with the guy and offer him 11k to bring the price to msrp?

Thanks all.

Old 03-24-2009 | 07:32 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Have you checked with other dealerships in your area or your surroundiung area?
If you have and that is the best deal that you can get, then I guess that is your best deal, other wise it is not, simple enough?

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:21 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain

I know that most of the surrounding Stealerships here in TN, give you a 10%-20% off any accessories purchased at the sametime as the bike. I know that most Stealerships do that... that is the norm, so don't think they are doing you any favors! LoL! I would think that you could find somewhere around you... you may have to travel a little bit... that would knock it down around $18k even. Just my .02 !

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:26 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

is your 18999 OTD or before tax, shipping, prep, etc. if it's OTD that's a good price. if it's not OTD you can do a LOT BETTER. I had to shop 4-5 stealers before getting my deal on my wifes 09 Heritage.

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:33 AM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I think this is actually in the ball park....$7000 grand for your Sporty ain't too bad. Considering their are hundreds for sale on places like Craigs List and Ebay.

I bought a new Heritage 2 years ago. I paid $19,200 out the door and they gave me $500 in store credit along with 10% discount for life on parts/accessories.

I do find it hard to believe though they are not budging on the price of the Heritage. I think you can get them to bring the price down a bit more. Remember, Harley sales are way down and they need you more than you need them.

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:38 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDChloe
Remember, Harley sales are way down and they need you more than you need them.
You would think but most of the dealers I went to wouldn't budge from MSRP and wanted a riduculous amount for shipping/prep. You would think they would need buyers but they are holding tight. Finally the dealer where I bought my RK from dealt....keep shopping...remember you don't have to buy but at some point they have to sell!

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:39 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

shop around!! that is a little steep if it is not OTD. Be real careful what they add for OTD charges too.

You might also want to see what they can do for you if you finance through them. I have learned that cash in hand does not get you far at a stealer, they prefer peeps that finance they make more money that way. (commission). In need finance through them then pay it off with the money from your bank and voila, plus it helps your credit rating

otherwise shop around. I think you can get better than MSRP not sure about better deal on parts and so forth.

Another thing, if you get parts but do not want them to install them, have them add the parts to the bill of order/work order, like that it falls under the same warrantee as the bike.

good luck

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:19 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

+1 on the financing but even still that's negotiable. when I just went in they quoted me 8.9%. I told them I was going with my credit union cause of much better rate. they eventually got it down to 6.4% but I was still a little better with credit union so I went with it.....however for them to come down 2.5% shows they can negotiate.

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:22 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Kind of tough when you're doing a trade in. Too easy for them to play games with you. With the HD sporty deal going on most dealers have more used ones in stock than they can handle.

Bought both of our bikes in 08 for at least $1500 under MSRP w/o trying. But there's alot of competition in our area and it's a different world now. If dealers have less bikes coming from the MoCo and they're selling less they may feel they need to make more from each bike. Can't say for sure.

Best way to determine their bottom line is to shop around and make offers and counteroffers until someone gets tired. It can be a tiring game and some (including myself) rarely have the stomach or patience for it.

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:22 AM
09heritagerider
Road Captain

I sat in the dealership for about 3-4 hours with my sales rep, tried to walk out of the dealership 3 times because he wasn't giving me the deal I wanted, but they kept pulling me back in. After a lot of talking/haggling, I walked out with an 09 Heritage (Red Hot Sunglo) at $2000 under MSRP (no extras/gift cards/etc)...and I am not making this up (out the door completely paid for $17,400). Maybe it was the dealership, maybe it was the manager's desperation, or maybe it was month-end, year-end closeout with rough economic times (they weren't moving many bikes and it was 30 DEC). Just remember that they are paying for each bike that sits on their floor month after month...also remember that the bike is not worth MSRP to the average guy (they mark them up BIG TIME) and not too many people are walking into Harley dealerships with 16K to spend on a motorcycle (w/out HD financing). Remind the sales rep in a polite way that you can take your large sum of money elsewhere (bring the unsigned check with you). I wanted a Heritage more than anything, but I also wanted to walk away happy with a solid purchase. You may not get the deal I got, but with the present economic situation, I wouldn't pay any more than MSRP...bottom line.

Quick Reply: Heritage quote